My New Album, Rabbit Dream
Mar 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #181 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool.. I'll bring my DT48 to evaluate your hearing..
tongue_smile.gif
Just bought some vintage Sonys from the 60's.. Cause I liked the look.. Only 6.00..

I'll be happy to evaluate my hearing with the DT-48A. I'm also curious about your GP amp with my 702.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #182 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought digital download of Rabbit Dream and i actualy blown away for the first time listening to electronic music, sound very nice, detailed, airy, good soundstage and presence, keep it up!

Hey, thanks for the compliments and I'm glad that you like it. I wonder how you have gotten away without hearing electronic music until now. That's quite an achievement!

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #185 of 229
So now it's official. The worldwide release date will be March 23rd for physical distribution as well as all the digital outlets such as Beatport, iTunes, etc. For now I'll continue the promotional price for Head-Fi members.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #192 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tympanum_Plan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This album is a real trip on my 702s. Probably will be purchasing the physical CD once I get an amp.

Hey thanks! Yeah, it's definitely a headphone gem. BTW, the sound stage will be bigger on most headphones because of my experience with K702 in my music production. Every headphones that I've had a chance to try with this CD, it had a nice, big sound stage.

BTW, the CD sound will be more pronounced than the mp3 clips on the site.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #193 of 229
Very nice work Acix, cool album cover too!

I play around a little in FL Studio making beats and what not, nothing as in-depth as this, something I've always wanted to get into more.

The only thing seemingly missing in the uploaded samples is sub-bass, how close to the original recordings are the uploaded files?

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #195 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for pointing this out. The first version of the CD was heavy on the bass. On some systems this bass was causing distortion and rumbled the sub, so I needed to find a balance making it bassy but not distorted, which is a challenge. In other words, you should be able to enjoy the bass without distortion even if you boost the bass in an SUV system, or in a club. Now, if you have a sub at home, you can always just switch it to 30Hz and it will do the trick.

On track 3, Some Romance, it can sound a little light on the bass, but actually if you boost it to 30, other frequencies start to appear. I checked it on the HD 800 and they definitely boost at the 30 and the 20Hz, which is a nice experience.

I'm glad you like the CD. Thanks for posting your thoughts about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice work Acix, cool album cover too!

I play around a little in FL Studio making beats and what not, nothing as in-depth as this, something I've always wanted to get into more.

The only thing seemingly missing in the uploaded samples is sub-bass, how close to the original recordings are the uploaded files?

...Acix responded to my question about a lack of low bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back