My life as audiophile (boring)
Jul 29, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #31 of 61
What else is he gonna spend it on? food?

btw Patrick, do you work at all?

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #32 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do you enjoy more: ers paper or trolling?

I dislike Patrick as much as the next guy, but I think trolling might be pushing it. He's just a guy who obviously doesn't have his priorities straight and thrives on using attention to feed his ego (possibly to fill a void in his life?).

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #33 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spending your ALL of your life savings on it.

Well, you just aren't a very smart person.

Did it ever occur to you, that covering everything in ERS paper doesn't do anything? And that maybe you have more money than sense?

When my system broke I had to remove all the ERS Paper, I heard a sound signature I didn't hear in a year. It sounded open and smooth with lack of low-level detail. The blackness was gone.

When I started wrapping my system in ERS Paper again, the blackness was back.

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What else is he gonna spend it on? food?

btw Patrick, do you work at all?

I don't have time for work because I'm tweaking my audio system all day!

Jul 29, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #35 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dislike Patrick as much as the next guy, but I think trolling might be pushing it. He's just a guy who obviously doesn't have his priorities straight and thrives on using attention to feed his ego (possibly to fill a void in his life?).

a bit judgmental, aren't we? if you dislike patrick so much, then don't post in his threads.

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #36 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ego is like power cords, the bigger it is the muddier and slower it sounds, and it needs to be fed more wattage to get synergy. With a thinner cable you get more speed. It is easier to move around if the head isn't big and heavy from too much ego.

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #40 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When my system broke I had to remove all the ERS Paper, I heard a sound signature I didn't hear in a year. It sounded open and smooth with lack of low-level detail. The blackness was gone.

When I started wrapping my system in ERS Paper again, the blackness was back.

Really?

Well, I've got these metal resonating cups, maybe you would like to put them around your room? Placement is key!

Jul 29, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #43 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you guys should just leave Patrick alone. After all, he hasn't done anything to you, and isn't going to. He just loves his audio system, as we all love ours. What he does with his money is his own business and you shouldn't put him down for making his own decisions.

Well said.

Most of the people ridiculing him haven't tried the things Patrick has. I for one would be interested in hearing Patrick's system. Despite some doubts I have about the efficacy of some tweaks, I suspect that it sounds very good. Possibly better than my own system? Is this also what some of the Patrick-bashers might be thinking?

Patrick, I appreciate you sharing your head-fi voyage with us.

Jul 29, 2007 at 9:13 AM Post #44 of 61
I think one shouldn't comment on how another person spends their money. Some people buy expensive food and drink and it eventually becomes "crap" literally
tongue.gif
other may buy expensive cars which depreciate fast also. In the end each is enjoyed by each person for it's value (which have different meaning for different people).

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #45 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick...how do you make money for your gear and tweaks?

Pick one.

#1) Cooking

oven.JPG

#2) Bodybuilding

03.JPG

#3) Mountainbiking

03.JPG

#4) Billiards

1998nocue.jpg

#5) Hairdressing

headphone.hair.groove.rev.JPG

#6) Gaming