My IEM Reviews (Radius HP-TWF21 Added 5-13-11)
May 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
Removed

May 14, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #2 of 5
Forgive me for saying this but even though you admit that "this is basically like Joker's thread", a truly epic thread, I find it highly inapropriate that you've practically copied everything Joker has done, even down to the thread title, which is what actually made me read your post. 

I also find it rather odd that a new member with (in my view) not enough experience should attempt to emulate Joker's thread.

And one last thing, 10 hours after you started this thread you also started another thread dedicated specifically to the Radius HP-TWF21 where you stated: "I'd like to thank Dimitri over at Musicca Acoustics for sending out both the Radius HP-TWF21 and the Ortofon e-Q5 for review. Musicca Acoustics exports some of Japan's finest earphones and audio gear, and you can find some pretty sweet deals over at his website". I can't help thinking that Musica Acoustics (through you) is trying to market the Radius HP-TWF21 - an IEM that has not generated much interest on HF - and other products.

May 14, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #3 of 5

Hehe, he's a high school freshman (I think) and don't ya know the young ones like to imitate who they look up to?

Quote:
 I can't help thinking that Musica Acoustics (through you) is trying to market the Radius HP-TWF21 - an IEM that has not generated much interest on HF - and other products.

I thought he made that pretty clear. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow

My job here today is to explain wether the Radius is worth the money or if you should just stick with the original DDM's.

Kidding...

Anyways, it's always nice to have more reviews around. However, I would work on your audio lexicon before publishing any more reviews. I found some of your words highly confusing. What is this "aroma" you speak of? Are you smelling the headphones? I was also confused by "bloom," "chalkiness," and "high velocity." And I'll just assume "subtreble" means upper mids/lower highs... I would recommend just sticking to the standard terms used in the glossary pinned in the full-size forum for now to not confuse people. I would also recommend comparing between other IEMs you've heard more often, or at least listing what you've heard. I'm just finding it difficult to process "very good," "accurate soundstage," and etc without a context. IMO, comparative reviews like these aren't very useful without comparisons (although you do have a numerical rating). I also find "or if you should just stick with the original DDM's" troubling since although you've said you haven't heard the first DDM, you still shouldn't be recommending something you haven't heard. Sorry for the bag of criticism, but this is how misinformation spreads. 

Quote:
Originally posted by Austin Morrow

After a ton of burn in though, that all changes.

rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Forgive me for saying this but even though you admit that "this is basically like Joker's thread", a truly epic thread, I find it highly inapropriate that you've practically copied everything Joker has done, even down to the thread title, which is what actually made me read your post. 

I also find it rather odd that a new member with (in my view) not enough experience should attempt to emulate Joker's thread.

And one last thing, 10 hours after you started this thread you also started another thread dedicated specifically to the Radius HP-TWF21 where you stated: "I'd like to thank Dimitri over at Musicca Acoustics for sending out both the Radius HP-TWF21 and the Ortofon e-Q5 for review. Musicca Acoustics exports some of Japan's finest earphones and audio gear, and you can find some pretty sweet deals over at his website". I can't help thinking that Musica Acoustics (through you) is trying to market the Radius HP-TWF21 - an IEM that has not generated much interest on HF - and other products.

Sorry, I am not trying to copu Jokers thread, I just wanted a place where I could store all of my reviews. But, if you find it inappropriate, I will have it removed my a mod.

May 14, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Chill out, man... the kid is coming from a good place; he obviously enjoys writing reviews, and Head-Fi after all is a forum for members to display their opinions. Everyone on here finds joker's reviews helpful, and he's just trying to emulate what he thinks is one of the best resources around here. With that being said, however, I do agree with you, music_4321; just don't be so harsh on a teenager who just so happens to enjoy audio and IEMs like the rest of us. He deserves a chance to learn, and, like the rest of us, he has the right to state his opinions.

What I would say to you, Austin, is that you should definitely find a review format that works for YOU. You can study and analyze the way joker, ClieOS, and all the other big reviewers go about things on here, but don't merely copy them --- take their strengths and coalesce them into something that is even more helpful --- that's the way to move this forum forward. There is a wealth of information on this forum; most members don't take the time to comb through every single little tidbit written here or there, so if you can find a way to review products that makes comparison between similar items easier, or a rating system that is even more indicative of a headphone's capabilities, that would be your contribution to this place.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back