My Head-Direct EF1 has Arrived!
Jan 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dwong

100+ Head-Fier
My EF1 arrived in the mail today, and I have been listening to it for the past half hour. It is my first dedicated amp, but compared to my Nuforce Icon Mobile the sound stage is much wider and deeper, imaging is very accurate, and I'm getting a lot more detail outta my music. It came with 1 Sylvania 12AU7 Conn branded tube as advertised on Head-Direct's website for the 110v version. Will post some pics up later tonight when I get a chance to listen to it again.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 11
congrats, wise choice
L3000.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 11
Congrats on making a wise choice.
atsmile.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #7 of 11
The EF1 is a really nice sounding amp which sells for a very appealing price. Most can afford to own it, and it sounds so sweet and unique since you can roll tubes and op-amps on the newer version. IMO of course.

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 11
What headphone are you using? I am seriously considing to get EF1 as my first dedicated amp to use with HD600, which is currently driven directly from a NAD integrated amp. However, I am still not sure how much improvement I can get from EF1.

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #10 of 11
i got one recently too. He shipped it with a RCA tube that had some masking tape on it and a big burn spot. Before i knew it was an RCA i asked him to clarify what tube he shipped the EF-1 with and he said Sylvania. After i got some of the tape off i saw it was an RCA. It even came in an RCA box. Wonder why he would goof on the tube part of the deal.

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by UTF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What headphone are you using? I am seriously considing to get EF1 as my first dedicated amp to use with HD600, which is currently driven directly from a NAD integrated amp. However, I am still not sure how much improvement I can get from EF1.

I use the HD600s with my EF1. It's sublime, to my ears anyway.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back