My first set of Comply tips - wow!
Jan 2, 2015 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hatmann

100+ Head-Fier
In my search for THE earphones, I have just about given up on trying to find a stock model that really fits.

So just before seeking out an audiologist, I decided to try some Complys. But for which model? My drawers are filled with unused Shure, Westone,, Vsonic, RHA and others.

Where to start?

How about with HiFiman? I have a pair of two-year-old RE 400s and brand new pairs of RE 600s and RE 300is. All fine earphones but, at least in my case, all in need of tips that fit better.

I just popped a set of Comply Tsx 400s on the RE 400s. The tip choice is based upon a recommendation by Comply.

I'm listening to the Cowboy Junkies on an iPad MIni. Lossless, if I recall correctly. Margo Timmins never sounded so good on my mobile devices. Her voice is clear and sweet and right there. The band has more detail than I can remember. And where did that low-end come from!

I'm at home on the day after the holiday; tomorrow I'll find out if these Comply tips will stay in my ears during a walk and train ride. I hope so -- first impression is that these are quite an improvement over the stock tips.

Jan 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 2
Well... I've a pair of comply tips too, they're good, but I never found them thaaat good, or maybe I'm so used to them that I've already forgotten how other tips sounds like... certainly I haven't used other brand in like a year. 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back