My Etymotics ER4 Micro Pros wiring is broken - what to do
May 15, 2014 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gHeadphone

100+ Head-Fier
My beloved Etymotic ER4 Micro Pros are starting to lose sound to the right earbud, fizzing in and out. Ive had them almost 2 years and bought them in New York (so i imagine my warranty is out).

Is there anywhere in Ireland i can get them rewired or anybody who can do this work or should i send them back to Etymotic to get rewired? (Or should i get some newer earbuds?)

All the threads on this are 5+ years old,

Any advice really appreciated!

May 15, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 4
  My beloved Etymotic ER4 Micro Pros are starting to lose sound to the right earbud, fizzing in and out. Ive had them almost 2 years and bought them in New York (so i imagine my warranty is out).

Is there anywhere in Ireland i can get them rewired or anybody who can do this work or should i send them back to Etymotic to get rewired? (Or should i get some newer earbuds?)

All the threads on this are 5+ years old,

Any advice really appreciated!

All the Ety fans hang out here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/538615/if-you-still-love-etymotic-er4-this-is-the-thread-for-you

ER4 still live strongly on Head-fi. I would ask the members what to do.

I'd probably get a quote from Etyomics personally. 

May 19, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Does anybody know if its possible to get the earbuds terminated so that i can use a detachable cable with the ERs? (I would prefer this over sending back to get the cable redone) or would i need to find somebody in Ireland to do this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back