my earmax pro just broke..
Jun 23, 2002 at 10:24 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Try the Ei Elites -- haven't a/b'd, yet, but offhand, they're the best current production combination I've tried.

I did a quick search and found them at www.tube-shop.com in the UK. The price certainly cannot be beat, especially next to NOS prices. Since Google only gave up a few hits, I guess they can only be ordered from the UK.

They are certainly worth a try at the price...thanks for the pointer!

Jun 24, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 19
Just one alternative -- http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...threadid=13149

Doesn't explicitly mention anything other than 12AX7's, but...no-one's asked, yet, either. The page just seems to say that he doesn't regularly stock them, I'm thinking he can still get them.

I got mine from tube-shop.com w/no problems.

Jun 25, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 19
well the new tube has arrived, Mullard CV455 double cross bar NOS and matching Amperex Holland NOS.

I like the immediate improvement over the stock, no comparison.

I am quite happy with the sound coming out of this tubes so I wont be rushing off to purchase new tubes just yet but would love to try out the telefunken and Sylvania eventually. I do notice a buzz coming out of the right headphone when there is no signal. I am pretty sure it is tube related. is that normal? its rather loud!

I've also put some pics up on the web for those interested
biggrin.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/taoster (under head-fi gear)

Jun 25, 2002 at 4:27 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
I do notice a buzz coming out of the right headphone when there is no signal. I am pretty sure it is tube related. is that normal? its rather loud!

No, I would not call it normal. If I turn the volume dial halfway, the headphones are silent. If I turn it to max, with the CDP on, I just barely hear an electronic presence. It's too faint to even call a hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back