My dog, freja, ran away!!
Jan 16, 2002 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 20
glad you got your dog back, flasken!

years ago one of my dogs managed to get off her leash and run off. after searching with her sister i spotted her running full tilt towards me with a big stick in her mouth.
me: "tara! come here! what have you got there?! good girl!"
then i noticed it was a severed deer leg.
"aaaaagh! no! get away from me! bad girl!"
she chased me all the way back to the house with it.

the only other time she got loose someone poisened her with rat poisen and she had to be put down. that was bad, but watching her sister waiting for her to come home for weeks was worse.
frown.gif

Jan 17, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by KeVlaR

That reminds me..... My dog has no nose....

Can't believe that nobody took me up on this???

Anyway. My Dog has no nose.

How does he smell?

Bloody Awfull !
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #20 of 20
I remember the day my dog ran away. Actually, she decided to follow my partner (on his bike) to work that morning but he'd already left about 10 minutes earlier. I thought she was going to turn around and head back but after almost an hour, I went searching for her. As it happened, it was also the first day of real snowfall. After 3 times of going around the the neighbourhood (which isn't your typical neighbourhood since we were living in an industrial part of the city; in a warehouse, actually) I called the city animal control hoping that she might end up there.
No luck- the lady who answered the phone, aware of the area that we were living in (heavy traffic, mostly trucks), made me feel worse by advising me to start looking towards adopting another dog. Off I went for another search- I followed her paw-step on the sidewalk (helped by the snowfall and the fact that besides us there weren't any other pedestrian) and to make it worst, her paw-step dissapeared at the crossing of a rather busy intersection.
About 6.30pm while we were having dinner (after so much walking I'd have to eat even if I didn't feel like it) I heard a slight whimpering sound at the backdoor of the warehouse. Lo and behold after a 12 hr excursion, she decided it's time to head home and for the next two days after that she was so tired that I had to drag her out for a walk.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back