my d311
Nov 10, 2004 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

19lexicon78

500+ Head-Fier
yesterday i've got my d311.

in short:

Duncan was right, it's a lovely unit. i prefer it above the d515. i think the d515 has too much treble, the d311 is more balanced.
the d211 is perhaps more fun, but it's more "fatigueing".
only problem with all the sony's; they sound too smooth and are not as natural as the philips. But still, they are fun to listen too.

as a collector i also find design an important factor. the d311 has the looks, not as the d515, 555 or dj50. Compared to the d777 the d311 is more interesting, my new favourite portable???

yes, the d311 is one of sony's best.
wink.gif

next week i'll have a silver 311
smily_headphones1.gif
)

couldn't help it. it's the collecting virus.

perhaps i'm gonna use the silver as my new portable.

a pic

d311silver.jpg

Nov 10, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 6
So how many D-311 do you have? I'll agree that the D-311 is Sony's most detailed and accurate vintage PCDP, that and along with it's sexy design makes it an impressive player.

The silver one in the pic and the one you're about to receive is the limited 10th anniversary edition which Sony produced to commerate the 10th anniversary of the Discman. Limited to only 3000 individual units and each has it's own serial number. I don't remember the serial number on my 10th anniversary D-311. Congrats on your score.

Nov 11, 2004 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 6
thanx,

i think it's number 708.

funny, when the topics are about vintage pcdps or walkmans the people who reply are always the same hardcore fans
wink.gif

oja, it's my second. the one i have now has some tracking issues.

Nov 11, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Wow, you have a low numbered one. I believe the one that I have is numbered somewhere in the 1000's, forgot to check last night. Yours appear to be in excellent condition complete with external battery case, carrying pouch , AC adapter, and manual. The one I got only had the discman itself and has few light scratches on the lid and on the bottom of the discman. Oh well, I guess when it comes to harder to find editions you just have to go for it when you see or have the patience to wait it out for another opportunity.

Nov 11, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 6
No, there isn't. It just serves as something for certain owners to brag about. Prices between a low numbered (below the 1000 series) and high numbered (above the 1000 series) unit shouldn't differ as there is no difference between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back