My Brainwavz M2's are now broken; where to next?
Mar 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
I have very much enjoyed the last year or so I got out of my Brainwavz m2's (although I cannot stand the wire which constantly tangles).
Recently, I noticed the sound started to come in and out and found that the L section right above the plug started to tear.
Im slightly annoyed by this but I do use these in the gym so im not altogether surprised.

So, looking for something in the <$100 range. I listen to alot of metal, classical and hip-hop.

Any ideas on what to get next?

Some models that I have been looking at:

Shure se215 (are these over the ear?)
Nuforce ne700
Thinksound tso2
Denon ah-c360 (cheaply made?)

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 5
Anyone?

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 5
I have been using the Thinksound ts02+mic for quite a while. I first got to know about this great product when I stumbled upon an article by Stereophile.com (http://www.stereophile.com/content/thinksound-ts02-ear-headphones). It has quite good review about this nifty product. So I started to dig more and read more reviews about the thinksound ts02.

Based on many good reviews on the Internet about the thinksound ts02, I decided to get a pair for myself. I bought the thinksound ts02+mic instead. It is exactly the same earphone as ts02 except it comes with an inline microphone which is suitable to use with iPhone.

I have been enjoying the earphone a lot since I got the ts02+mic. I love the warm sounding bass and the highs are clear. It is also very comfortable too. I can listen to the ts02+mic without feeling fatigue or uncomfortable. 

At the moment, thinksound is Recycling promotion where by if you trade in your old headphones, you will get 25% off your next order. You can check out more info here: http://www.thinksound.com/recycle.php

Hope this helps. :wink:

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I have been using the Thinksound ts02+mic for quite a while. I first got to know about this great product when I stumbled upon an article by Stereophile.com (http://www.stereophile.com/content/thinksound-ts02-ear-headphones). It has quite good review about this nifty product. So I started to dig more and read more reviews about the thinksound ts02.

Based on many good reviews on the Internet about the thinksound ts02, I decided to get a pair for myself. I bought the thinksound ts02+mic instead. It is exactly the same earphone as ts02 except it comes with an inline microphone which is suitable to use with iPhone.

I have been enjoying the earphone a lot since I got the ts02+mic. I love the warm sounding bass and the highs are clear. It is also very comfortable too. I can listen to the ts02+mic without feeling fatigue or uncomfortable. 

At the moment, thinksound is Recycling promotion where by if you trade in your old headphones, you will get 25% off your next order. You can check out more info here: http://www.thinksound.com/recycle.php

Hope this helps. :wink:

Now you tell me...
wink.gif
I already threw away my broken M2's and have purchased the Visang r03's.

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I have very much enjoyed the last year or so I got out of my Brainwavz m2's (although I cannot stand the wire which constantly tangles).
Recently, I noticed the sound started to come in and out and found that the L section right above the plug started to tear.
Im slightly annoyed by this but I do use these in the gym so im not altogether surprised.

So, looking for something in the <$100 range. I listen to alot of metal, classical and hip-hop.

Any ideas on what to get next?

Some models that I have been looking at:

Shure se215 (are these over the ear?)
Nuforce ne700
Thinksound tso2
Denon ah-c360 (cheaply made?)

The SE215 cable is over the ear. They have great mids, if I remember correctly, I didnt think the separation was good. I had them back in December, not very long though, after 5 days I got my TF10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back