My arm is loose...
Feb 14, 2004 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
I used my Rega P3 for probably the first time this year. It was sitting on the shelf looking a little neglected so I fired it up and prepared to listen to the dulcet tones of Carly Simon with my K1000s.

So as I lifted the arm from the rest and moved it into position for playing, the whole arm assembly moved in it's seating on the plinth. ARGH!!!! Talk about a major pain in the ass. It seems that the big nut underneath that holds it in place (no, not the one that wrenched it out of place) slipped and allowed it to move.

So the upshot is that everything sounds like crap on there now and I have the spend a whole load of time recalibrating it.
mad.gif
Bugger!

Feb 14, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 5
Quite likely. It's a bloody big nut on the bottom of that thing though, IRC it's about 30mm.

Luckily, I do have a spanner to fit it. It's one that came from an engineering works on the docks. Its over 4ft long
biggrin.gif
That'll tighten the bugger.

Feb 16, 2004 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by jopi
Don't overtighten.

I never use a spanner to tighten the arm, but just use my fingers to twist it as hard as I can.

I've done this in the past but it doesn't seem to last too long. I think a little nip with a spanner should do it nicely.

I haven't gotten around to doing it as yet. Hopefully I can get motivated to do it today
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back