My alessandro ms1 broke :( Hoping i could get some help fixing them ( seems like a simple fix)
Nov 16, 2011 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
My issue is simple.

The left side usually screws into the ear cup but the screw has become loose and the ear cup constantly comes loose and falls out. I usually don't have the issue when i just sit and use them on my head but when i take them off the ear cup slides right out.

I was hoping you could help me fix this issue.

Would super gluing the ear cup back solve this issue?

Thanks for the help

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 14

Quote:
I'd recommend using hot glue, so that it can be removed if you make a mistake.  I'm assuming that you're talking about this:

You mean like a glue gun? And ya thats what i mean.

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Yeah, I'd say a glue gun, that way its reversible if anything goes wrong.

Ok thanks i will try that tomorrow if i can and i will let everyone know if it solves the issue. The break isn't even that serious. I should be an easy fix right?

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 14
Just sent alessandro an email telling them what happened and have posted a picture. I hope they see it and are willing to fix or replace it. I hope i don't have to pay to much to ship it to them as they are in the usa and i'm in canada.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 14
Glue gun glue fixed them. Their solid now.

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #10 of 14
I would have gone with epoxy but hot glue is better than superglue. hot glue remains slightly flexible after hardening, super glue becomes brittle. I had bonded a sr60 in that fashion with superglue in the past and it didn't hold up well.

this is surprisingly tame for a bcasey25raptor broken product thread.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
I would have gone with epoxy but hot glue is better than superglue. hot glue remains slightly flexible after hardening, super glue becomes brittle. I had bonded a sr60 in that fashion with superglue in the past and it didn't hold up well.

this is surprisingly tame for a bcasey25raptor broken product thread.

Probably because it looked like a simple fix. And they were only $99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back