My 1500th Post
Oct 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

GlorytheWiz825

Headphoneus Supremus
This is officially my 1500th posts. It's been quite a journey for me here at Headfi. I remember first starting out and seeing some Supremus members with 1500+ post and I thought these people were nuts. I also remember seeing Jahn's post count at 18000+ and thought he was insane. :p Well, after a year here at Headfi and a few hundred frivolous posts, I have finally joined the rank of Headphoneus Supremus.
smily_headphones1.gif

My journey officially started when I picked up my second pair of Bose headphones, the QC2. I paid $529 CDN ($554.5 USD) for them and thought they were going to be the best headphones ever. I was really ready to commit to 4-5 years with these headphones. I came online to search for headphone reviews and was directed to Headfi. After reading for a mere 2 hours, I went back to the Apple store and returned the QC2s. Since then, I have owned the following headphones in chronological order:

Bose Triport
Bose QC2
Shure E4C
Grado SR60
Shure E5C
Sennheiser HD280
Sennheiser HD580
Grado SR325i
AKG K701
Shure SE530
Creative Zen Aurvana
Koss KSC75
Audio Technica ES7
Shure SE310
Yuin PK1
Audio Technica A900

I also tried many other headphones through local meets and audio stores. The journey so far has been very enjoyable. I have spent countless hours reading and tuning my system to my heart's content. I have now settled on a system that I think I'll be using for a good while; until I graduate from University and have some more money for this expensive hobby.

I just want to thank Headfi and its members for my incredible journey into high end audio. I am extremely thankful for our FS forum here. Without it, I really would have no way of trying all the audio equipment I have tried over the past year.

Thank you all and I am looking forward to my 5000th post.
smily_headphones1.gif

Comment to get your +1 towards Supremus.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am extremely thankful for our FS forum here. Without it, I really would have no way of trying all the audio equipment I have tried over the past year.

I wish I could shop in the FS forum... damn you Ckk3.

I wish I wasnt so blind in what I pick to listen to. I've only heard afew other 'phones out of the Senn line, and didnt like any of them. I guess I'll start trying new things after my amp comes in.

Any way, congrats on you supremus, im not to far from mine!

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 21
Congratulations. I'll be joining you in the ranks, soon, too, I think.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats to a fellow College-fi member!

So do you also feel as though if it wasn't for Head-fi, you 2 might have better grades?

nah... that extra 5 to 30 minutes of listening never affected me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats to a fellow College-fi member!

So do you also feel as though if it wasn't for Head-fi, you 2 might have better grades?

Absolutely! I'm always browsing headfi when I should be studying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back