Muvo2 - other software than Creative´s MediaSource?
Sep 16, 2004 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zikarus

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello out there!

As an owner of a Muvo2 I am not very happy with Creative´s MediaSource Software and would like to replace this software package with something else (excluding Notmad from RedChair).

Are there any alternatives which allow me to load my player?
Is it e.g. possible to use iTunes?

Thanks in advance...

Sep 16, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 7
I confirm pompoen's post.

Some think dragging and dropping into the muvo2 causes the music files to become disorganized. The muvo2 uses the windows directory (folder) structure to keep files organized, and is blind to ID2v3 tags. So if you want to load Beatles Abbey Road files into the Muvo2, create a sub folder on the muvo2 called Beatles, and another sub sub folder called Abbey Road, and drag / drop the files in there.

Sep 16, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 7
Hmh, sounds logical, but how am I gonna use my playlists then? Just copying them won´t work. I think that is the only nice feature in the MediaSource suite: Copy a playlist and it will automatically create an appropiate folder on the players drive.

In other words: Will the Muvo2 automatically adopt the playlists if I drag and drop my already folder-organized music-files (together with the playlist) onto it? Or would I have to edit the playlists manually and copy them afterwards?

Hope I am expressing myself understandable...
plainface.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #5 of 7
no. if you want to create playlists, you need to use media source or the software from redchair.

Sep 16, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Or you can use another program that makes playlists (like Winamp, Foobar2k, etc.) Just make certain you use a similar format as is on the Muvo^2. I don't have mine on hand right now but if I recall corrently, the root folder is called data so you need to have the playlist reflect that (so that the file list will have /data before any other folders) otherwise the playlist won't find any of the files. You might have to fiddle with it but there is a way. Good luck.

Sep 21, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 7
I use Media Monkey (or is it MediaMonkey?) for my Muvo2. It can make playlists (including "smart" playlists similar to iTunes, if you pay for the "Gold" version) and it will copy over the playlist file to the correct folder on the Muvo2. It's MUCH better than the awful Creative software. I gave up on using my Muvo2 for anything other than playing albums until I found Media Monkey.

Give it a try. The basic version is free.
-J. P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back