Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Feb 4, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #766 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssabripo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will musiland's 01 USD play 192khz from within windows Media Player or Windows Media Center???!

It will. Monitor 01 USD does DS on XP, Vista and 7. It would not be "bit perfect" but it will play 24/192 if your preferred playing application can handle 24/192 media files.

A crash course: If audio device supports Direct Sound (DS) on windows platform (XP, Win 7...) it will work as standard windows audio device and can be used with any application on that platform.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #767 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alexdad54, In what way do you prefer the earlier version?

I am concerned that these drivers all change the sq as well, all this device is supposed to do is deliver untainted bits to our dacs. Its hard for me to make a judgement myself at the moment as I am suffering from new cap burn in. One of these drivers must be closer to 'no artifical ingrediants' then the others but which one?

Its very subjective but I thought that the latest driver was a titch brighter than the previous one. To be honest I haven't done any serious A/B'ing so I will defer to those who know more about the technical side than I do.....

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #769 of 905
Hello! I'd like a buy an USB/SPDIF converter for my non oversampling AD1865N dac (with CS8414 RECEIVER). I know this config not accept 24bit/192 khz just 18 bit/48 khz, but currently i'm not listening higher resolution music. Wich product recommend me? M2Tech, one of many Musiland product (which is the best?) or one of Teralink X or X2 (i read somwhere the Teralink X not much worse than M2tech, what about the X2?)?
I think the AD1865N dac can't handle the I2S signal, and if possible i don't need spent much money.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #770 of 905
Hi Folks,

Bought a Musiland Monitor 01 USD from coolfungadget and I'm having trouble with instalation of the software. I'm getting a dos-like "Device not found!" message appearing when I run MlCyMonUser.exe. I have done everything according to the Update_Firmware.html file on the ebay site. Version 1.0.8.2 seems to have installed OK. It comes up with 'Warning: License invalid' in the title bar but at the next stage, running MlCyMonUser.exe I get the "Device not found!" message and no liscese.dat file is created. I have tried various USB ports restarting the computer, uninstaling and reinstaling and have had no luck. If anyone has any suggestions I would be most gratefull. I've searched the forums but not found anything relevant. I emailed coolfungadget thru ebay but haven't had a reply. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #771 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Folks,

Bought a Musiland Monitor 01 USD from coolfungadget and I'm having trouble with instalation of the software. I'm getting a dos-like "Device not found!" message appearing when I run MlCyMonUser.exe. I have done everything according to the Update_Firmware.html file on the ebay site. Version 1.0.8.2 seems to have installed OK. It comes up with 'Warning: License invalid' in the title bar but at the next stage, running MlCyMonUser.exe I get the "Device not found!" message and no liscese.dat file is created. I have tried various USB ports restarting the computer, uninstaling and reinstaling and have had no luck. If anyone has any suggestions I would be most gratefull. I've searched the forums but not found anything relevant. I emailed coolfungadget thru ebay but haven't had a reply. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Are you running the program on 32 or 64 bit Windows?

Is the sound card well connected?

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #772 of 905
I am running 32 bit Vista. I have tried several USB cables and ports with no luck. Would it be possible to try installing on a different PC. I seem to remember reading in this forum somewhere that there might be issues with instalation on more than one computer due to the liscence being valid for one machine only tho I could be mistaken...Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #776 of 905
I know it should already have been posted here, but could not find it in 30 pages... in that totally idiot chinese forum is impossible to register! It keeps on telling me that I have an uncorrecy secret answer, but I do not have a secret answer since it displays in ...chinese!
Any help, please?

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #779 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by glt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The secret answer is provided in the same page. Just copy it and paste it in the secret answer field (that's how I remember I did it)

No, it's not possible to copy/paste the text, if you try doing it the window disappears, not possible doing it.
Any other suggestion/help tring to solve this totally idiot chinese forum issue, please..?
confused_face.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #780 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kooka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it's not possible to copy/paste the text, if you try doing it the window disappears, not possible doing it.
Any other suggestion/help tring to solve this totally idiot chinese forum issue, please..?
confused_face.gif

No one?
frown.gif

Ok, if nobody wants to help in this task, maybe someone can tell me: my USD 01 comes with 1.03 drivers/software, do you think these should be updated to a newer version or are they ok like this for best sonic performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back