Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Dec 28, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #856 of 905
IIRC Musiland first said isochronous, then quickly said "async"...but god knows what happens in their (crappy) drivers. A good rule of thumb is to never believe what manufacturers state...w/o proofs. The same way companies that sell grossly overpriced TAS1020B firmwares will diss the competition whenever they get the chance.

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #857 of 905
So nobody know the reponse in these 57 pages ?

I have not buy the Musiland monitor 1 USd for the moment. A way to know if it is, or not, working in bulk mode is to build a very long USB wire (with phone wire for example) : with a certain length, there will be transmission errors: If the protocol is bulk, the latency should increase but there will be no mistake (like with network protocol). If the protocol is isochronous, there will be errors (pop in the sound).

May be there is a software solution to know, with some Windows tools what is the USB protocol used...

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #858 of 905
Hi,

I received a Musiland monitor 1 USD next week but I have some "lisense invalid" problems :
- The drivers on the CD are the 1.0.7 : "lisense invalid"
-I tried the 1.0.5, 1.06, 1.0.12, same thing : "lisense invalid"
- With the 1.0.3 firware, I had no message but the player don't play music to the Musiland output.
-If I go back to 1.0.5 (or highest) from 1.0.3 : "lisense invalid"

I asked Musiland for the licence.key, I'm waiting for It. I hope it will be better after.

Otherwise, I started to do some tests using a software called "Advanced USB Port Monitor". With Windows XP, the Musiland driver is recognized as "Bulk Transfer"( not isochronous/asynchronous). I'll try to have more info, but as my Musiland does not seem to want to work,it is a bit difficult.

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #859 of 905
Hi, always me
redface.gif

I sent my request for the licence.key file 5 days ago (thursday the 13). I immediately received a reply
Code:
 Your email has been received, please wait for reply.
But nothing new for the moment...
frown.gif

I'm going to resend the mail.

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #860 of 905
I Receive my license.key this morning : doesn't work
frown.gif

Always the "license invalid" message with all the firmware (1.0.5 to 1.0.13).
I don't understand, I tried all possible combinations, installing firmwares, uninstalling, rebooting, connecting,unconnecting, deleting the registry key, changing computer...

I asked Musiland for another license.key.

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #861 of 905
the only thing I can say is that at some point my 01USD was whining about the license, so I asked the manufacturer for an update. It took them several days to get back to me, so in the meantime I tried to install it again and it worked. Still, I installed the update they gave me by email but it was the same fw version.

did you try several different versions of their (buggy) drivers?

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #862 of 905

I seem to remember that updating the firmware must be done in a 32 bit machine... Also, there is a version of the drivers that does not require firmware update. I believe the drive that came with the device in the CD should work right away.
Quote:
I Receive my license.key this morning : doesn't work
frown.gif

Always the "license invalid" message with all the firmware (1.0.5 to 1.0.13).
I don't understand, I tried all possible combinations, installing firmwares, uninstalling, rebooting, connecting,unconnecting, deleting the registry key, changing computer...

I asked Musiland for another license.key.

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #863 of 905
I tried all the firmware at Musiland download : http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/drivers/ and http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/drivers/history/ 
For information the last one is 1.0.13.0
The 1.0.3 doesn't give me the "license invalid" message. I get it here : http://coolfungadget.com/musiland/Monitor_Series/
But this firmware 1.0.3 doesn't work : the player do not play the music (like in pause).

I tried only the MlcyMon drivers (supposing the other ones are not for Monitor 01 USD).

I don't understand if there is only one Monitor 1USD version or two, or if there is only different firmware. It seems some download gives both the firmware and the  drivers and others only the drivers.

Sorry again for my poor english.
redface.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #865 of 905
License invalid only means the firmware was not updated. The only reason to upgrade the firmware (and that is the only time firmware upgrade was provided) is to enable a security feature so that musiland drivers can only be used on musiland devices... I would retry the firmware update again.

PS: There is a difference between "driver" and "firmware". Firmware is MlCyMonAct.zip

Quote:
I tried all the firmware at Musiland download : http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/drivers/ and http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/drivers/history/ 
For information the last one is 1.0.13.0
The 1.0.3 doesn't give me the "license invalid" message. I get it here : http://coolfungadget.com/musiland/Monitor_Series/
But this firmware 1.0.3 doesn't work : the player do not play the music (like in pause).

I tried only the MlcyMon drivers (supposing the other ones are not for Monitor 01 USD).

I don't understand if there is only one Monitor 1USD version or two, or if there is only different firmware. It seems some download gives both the firmware and the  drivers and others only the drivers.

Sorry again for my poor english.
redface.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #866 of 905

Quote:
License invalid only means the firmware was not updated. The only reason to upgrade the firmware (and that is the only time firmware upgrade was provided) is to enable a security feature so that musiland drivers can only be used on musiland devices... I would retry the firmware update again.

PS: There is a difference between "driver" and "firmware". Firmware is MlCyMonAct.zip

No,

For example the last MlCyMon_1.0.13.0_build20110117.exe  download : running the exe file and pluging the Musiland, you get 3 hardware installations :

I know that is in French langage but you can see the name in english
wink.gif

Musiland Monitor Bus Driver
Musiland Monitor 01
Musiland Monitor Firmware driver

not all the download have the Firmware driver.

The result is "License invalid" in the title bar with my Musiland Monitor :

I can then try running the MlCyMonAct stuff to update my license, running MlCyMonProg.exe with the license.key sent by Musiland :

I suppose this tool gives an encryption key for it to work with newer firmware .. I try ..... ....

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #868 of 905
I can't read French, but that looks like the standard "unsigned" driver installation warning message. Just click continue. The drivers are unsigned with the Microsoft key. Many people do that (I think to avoid fees?) but if you trust the driver, then go ahead and install it. If you don't trust the driver, then you can bail out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back