Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Nov 15, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #61 of 1,502
I don't think it's in its element as it's only been 24 hours since the replacement, but the quick rise and clear sound quality that is characteristic of this DAC stands out. Most importantly, the separation of the sound is excellent and the hierarchical sound field is three-dimensional. The delicate high frequencies that are characteristic of pure silver are also fully felt, an incredible effect for an investment of less than $100! I recommend this one.
I'm glad you are enjoying the upgrade!!!

Nov 15, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #63 of 1,502
The manufacturer says that it has minimized the profit per unit in order to be available to as many interested people as possible.
Really, why are they so expensive?
.LOL.

Nov 15, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #64 of 1,502
When asked by Mr. Fang Bian - why are these headphones so expensive, he answered ,,because they sound so good,, , maybe the same is the case here.
I would understand that it costs around 15e, because of the gold-plated caps or the silver ones ... maybe someone has more information?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #65 of 1,502
i2s入力の音質はaes / ebu入力の音質より劣っていませんか?
I wish I knew the answer to this. But I do not have an i2s source to test. From what I have read, the unit internally converts digital inputs to i2s before processing, so I would assume so, simply because one is skipping that conversion step.

When I reached out to Aoshida and told them that I felt AES was superior to the USB and other inputs (except i2s), their response was:

"Thanks so much for the feedback! ^_^
Yes, for this price, the USB is the best we can do for R2R DAC, we will forward your feedback to MUSICIAN technician.
If you are satisfied with Pegasus quality and our service, please kindly help us to provide positive feedback on the market.
Keep in touch, we will always here for you.

Best regards,
Aoshida HiFi"

Nov 15, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #66 of 1,502
The manufacturer says that it has minimized the profit per unit in order to be available to as many interested people as possible.
Really, why are they so expensive?

I read that article too.
When I used to work in HiFi in the early 2000's - standard dealer profit margin was 40% on components, 45-60% on speakers, and 50-75% on cables, etc.

I personally do not feel the HiFi Tuning fuses are expensive for what they are - quality materials, hand made in Germany (not exactly the cheapest country for labor), Cryo treatment.... all those costs add up and people are in business to make money. But everyone has their own definition of perceived value.

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #67 of 1,502
I would understand that it costs around 15e, because of the gold-plated caps or the silver ones ... maybe someone has more information?
If they use gold plated it would be wrong, as it would join electrically dissimilar materials. Socket on the DAC is typical and matching material is found in industry standard fuses. If you think that gold can be used at will, it is not true. If you want to investigate, here is a link (some basic understanding of electrons energy level aligment in monecules is required). https://europepmc.org/article/med/29323878

Nov 15, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #68 of 1,502
If they use gold plated it would be wrong, as it would join electrically dissimilar materials. Socket on the DAC is typical and matching material is found in industry standard fuses. If you think that gold can be used at will, it is not true. If you want to investigate, here is a link (some basic understanding of electrons energy level aligment in monecules is required). https://europepmc.org/article/med/29323878
I think the description says it is gilded copper to prevent copper oxidation .... I will check again

Nov 15, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #69 of 1,502
I think the description says it is gilded copper to prevent copper oxidation .... I will check again
I picked up link without reading to give some idea about problem in general.

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #71 of 1,502
Look what I got from Fedex today... ordered on the 11th.

20201118_155027_HDR.jpg

This is end-game for me after listening to a few songs with my HE-560V1, haven't even plugged in my TH900 MK1 yet. Not really sure how to describe the sound since I am not great at reviews anyways but previously my highest end DAC was the Chord Mojo which I sold, Sony UDA-1 with a burr-brown dac and I spent a couple weeks with the Liquid Spark DAC which measures extremely well for $99. The Pegasus sound is simply jaw-dropping for me, soundstage is crazy, vocals are lifelike, bass has more authority.

The best I could do to level match between the dacs are from my radioshack SPL meter and Window's volume bar so I went with that.. simply put the Pegasus sounds stupid good.

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #72 of 1,502
Look what I got from Fedex today... ordered on the 11th.

20201118_155027_HDR.jpg

This is end-game for me after listening to a few songs with my HE-560V1, haven't even plugged in my TH900 MK1 yet. Not really sure how to describe the sound since I am not great at reviews anyways but previously my highest end DAC was the Chord Mojo which I sold, Sony UDA-1 with a burr-brown dac and I spent a couple weeks with the Liquid Spark DAC which measures extremely well for $99. The Pegasus sound is simply jaw-dropping for me, soundstage is crazy, vocals are lifelike, bass has more authority.

The best I could do to level match between the dacs are from my radioshack SPL meter and Window's volume bar so I went with that.. simply put the Pegasus sounds stupid good.
Silver is beautiful, mine is black

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #74 of 1,502
Today I got another power cord that I plugged into the amp. I read superficially what their advantage is over stock. Until recently, it was funny to methe idea that they could bring about a change in sound, and now I know that they are on the same level, if not more important than other cables.
Mine are - 200e and 150e , but the progress is great
I would recommend these cables to everyone, you will be rewarded
I have heard good reviews about Iso tec evo 3 initium which costs around 80e

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #75 of 1,502
To remove the lid from the pegasus - do I unscrew all the screws from the bottom or not?

No, it has nothing to do with the screws underneath, I'm trying to find them

It is not clear to me, when I look at the pictures without the cover, as if it is not fastened with screws

Found
Inked51p2X3HxGmL._AC_SL1001__LI.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back