Musical Fidelity X-24K hissing problem..
Dec 30, 2003 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

madwolfa

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I've just connected the X-24K to my system. And I've noticed a constant loud hissing sound in both channels when my X-Cans
V3 volume knob is turned to MAX, even with CDP stopped!! It's also noticeable on lower volume levels with music on. I like the sound, but that stupid hissing (like on TAPE CASSETES between tracks) is killing me.
confused.gif

There's no problem when connecting CDP directly to X-Cans.. It's deadly silent even on MAX volume level.

What's wrong with my X-24K ?
mad.gif

Dec 30, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 3
Sorry not much help here, but it does seem hissing seems to be a big problem for MF's X-Ponents. Quite a shame given that it seems to be nice sounding gear for the money.

Dec 30, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Sorry not much help here, but it does seem hissing seems to be a big problem for MF's X-Ponents. Quite a shame given that it seems to be nice sounding gear for the money.

That's pretty interesting. They say older X-Cans had such problems sometimes. But I never heard any negative reports concerning this and X-24K before.
frown.gif

But "what" is hissing? Lamps in line output stage?
confused.gif

By the way, after a bit more listening - on the normal, listenable volume level hissing is almost imperceptible. Overally, sound is superb. But, anyway, I always thought it should be deadly silent on any volume level with music played or not.

PS: My whole system is described in my profile, you may look it
up and comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back