Musical Fidelity V-CAN head amp
Dec 4, 2008 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

fhuang

Headphoneus Supremus
i tried to search but i didn't/couldn't find any info here. anyway heard of this? this thing is cheap(when comparing to xcan3/8, 99 pounds. i never heard of this but only when i was trying to get some information about v-dac.

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 18
It's a super low end, metal box, generic headphone amp. There are a million others like it, only they cost $20, not $100. Just because it says Musical Fidelity on it doesn't mean it's a winner. Probably better keep looking.

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a super low end, metal box, generic headphone amp. There are a million others like it, only they cost $20, not $100. Just because it says Musical Fidelity on it doesn't mean it's a winner. Probably better keep looking.

You have listened to the amp, right?

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well - you'll be glad to get that one off of your chest
confused_face.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have listened to the amp, right?

Of course not. It kind of gets in the way when you simply want to make flash false assumptions.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course not. It kind of gets in the way when you simply want to make flash false assumptions.

Thanks, kind of figured as much. I have a major problem with people who coment on how a piece of gear sounds when they have never listened to it.
wink.gif

May 5, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #11 of 18
Hello everyone. It's been a very long time since I posted. But, anyway; I do own the MF V-Can. I've had it for about 3 months now. It is actually a very good amp. Don't let the price deceive you. It can drive my AKG K271 headphones with ease,which really impressed me. And yes; the sound quality is quite good. I'm assuming this amp uses op-amps or possibly a discrete design. I have not opened it up to see yet. For only $199, it's definitely a great bargain in my opinion. It would be interesting to see more Head-Fiers trying out the V-Can.

May 5, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #12 of 18
Although, I have not heard the amp, it looks very attractive with it's minimal features and design. Stereophile magazine mentioned the amp recently and said good things about it. And if I remember correctly, they said it is an amp that most people would need.

If you are on a budget and need an amp thats small because space is an issue, this looks like a good pick!

May 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally opened up the V-Can tonight, and it's all Transistors, no op-amps. It looks pretty well made. I would say it's a very good bargain for only $199.

It's an even bigger bargain if you live here in the UK.

Audio Affair - Musical Fidelity V-Can Headphone Amplifier 89.95 GBP = 135 USD with free delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back