musical fidelity M1 DAC
May 10, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 10
Ooh...a successor to the V-DAC. If it's anywhere near as good a deal as the V-DAC is, I might have to bite.

May 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 10
No, its definitely not a successor to the V-DAC, the retail pricing on the M1 is £399 or close to $600 at todays exchange rate which is quite a bit more than the V-DAC @ $299 retail.  This fits more in line with the old X-series, which no longer has a stand alone dac.

May 15, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #6 of 10
The specs and the manual are online at the musical fidelity website.
It's strange that the headamp corresponding to the DAC has no symmetric inputs while the DAC has symmetric outputs.

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 10
I wonder if M1DAC shares components with the new M6CD. I am very interested in the M6CD as I like the concept of the combined CD/DAC. Unfortunately is hard to come across reviews for this product.

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 10
I expect that, except for the (far) better looks, balanced outs and better powersupply, this thing will  use the same parts as the V-DAC, delta-sigma converter, opamps...
Could be voiced differently and fit the bill for some people though.

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
I expect that, except for the (far) better looks, balanced outs and better powersupply, this thing will  use the same parts as the V-DAC, delta-sigma converter, opamps...
Could be voiced differently and fit the bill for some people though.

it is considerably more expensive than the V-DAC though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back