Music enthusiast looking for some headphones advice in the 50 - 100 Euro range
Jun 18, 2010 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stadtkind

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]Hey guys, some friends who received some very good advice for buying headphones have recommended me your forum, and since I am considering which ones to buy right now, I thought I would try and tap into the collected expertise here  :) [/size]

[size=medium]A bit of info on my listening habits and ideas....[/size]

[size=medium]Where I listen to music:[/size]
[size=medium]On the way to work, at work, at home… pretty much all the time I can really. Music is what gets me going in the morning, and what drifts me into sleep at night… and what keeps me alive in between  :) While I obviously don’t want to bother co-workers at the office I work at, it’s a very small place with very tolerant people and I don’t take the metro to work, so I don’t think noise-cancelling is something I need to invest into (oh and I also don’t need a mini-amp).[/size]

[size=medium]What music I listen to:[/size]
[size=medium]Very mixed. A lot of different kinds of electronic music – primarily minimal techno, IDM, musique concrete, DnB. A lot of noise- and post-rock. A lot of freak folk, some jazz, funk, indie, classical music, hip-hop. I am not a bass-maniac, but a nice bass obviously wouldn’t hurt.[/size]

[size=medium]What I am sort of looking for:[/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Some nice-looking, not ridiculously bulky headphones (could be on-ear or closed) that are comfortable (I often listen for many hours in a row) and intended for daily use, so it would be good if the cable wouldn’t be too long. They shouldn’t be too fragile, as I am also travelling a fair bit. I was thinking about paying around 50-100 Euros for them, as my budget doesn’t allow for more at the moment and I live in Mexico currently, where things sometimes do tend to get “lost”.  Oh and for the moment I use a 3[size=small]rd[/size]generation 8 Gb IPod with the earphones that came with it (which is why I desperately need some ear-massage). My old Numark headphones, that I was only semi-happy with broke some time ago… [/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, looking forward to getting to know these forums better![/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=11pt]Toby[/size][/size]

Jun 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 3
I would look into the Beyerdynamic DT235. The cord is a bit long but they are comfy, sturdy, and not too large. They make for good all-rounders and should be near the bottom of your price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back