Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2016 (April 9, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #91 of 348

Sweet! To both. I'm planning on doing some surgery to one of my cables and making some new stuff this weekend. But I also wanna go shooting and also need to swap out my PSU on my file server. Priorities huh?

Shooting is too much fun. I would go for that. I have a Sten MKII full auto $6 per mag but well worth it everyone has a smile when there done Priceless.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #93 of 348
  I hope some of you people are in need of some mid to upper-mid fi gear. I'm gonna be coming in hot with a few DACs, DAPs, amps, and cans I'm looking to unload quick...

Do tell?

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #95 of 348
I hope some of you people are in need of some mid to upper-mid fi gear. I'm gonna be coming in hot with a few DACs, DAPs, amps, and cans I'm looking to unload quick...

Do not tell me this. My wife will kill me. Here is a running list of gear since I purchased from last meet:

O2 (parts and built)
Schiit Modi (1st gen)
Schiit Wyrd
Fostex T20RP (modded) (2nd gen - not MKII)
Fiio X3 II w/128GB card

Well..the parts to the O2 I already had, just had not built it yet. The Schiit gear was used and for good deals. The Fostex were also obviously used also off of CL for $15. And the X3 was from Santa Claus. Still...you guys started something.

I did just recently purchase a Rega P2 and a Denon DA-500. I am a sucker for vintage hi-fi. That also means my old turntables are now for sale (happy wife, happy life). I just snagged the DA-500 for a song and hopefully can bring it to the meet. Hope you guys are interested in hearing some vintage multi-bit. I've not heard PCM1702s - can't wait.

(Please do not add the DA-500 to the just yet until I make sure it gets here on time. I might even bring the JVC reel-to-reel if I can get it fixed up in time, if not, you guys will have to wait until fall.)

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #96 of 348
If I'm able to come, I'll have a silver Oppo HA-1 to sell.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #97 of 348
Do not tell me this. My wife will kill me. Here is a running list of gear since I purchased from last meet:

O2 (parts and built)
Schiit Modi (1st gen)
Schiit Wyrd
Fostex T20RP (modded) (2nd gen - not MKII)
Fiio X3 II w/128GB card

Well..the parts to the O2 I already had, just had not built it yet. The Schiit gear was used and for good deals. The Fostex were also obviously used also off of CL for $15. And the X3 was from Santa Claus. Still...you guys started something.

I did just recently purchase a Rega P2 and a Denon DA-500. I am a sucker for vintage hi-fi. That also means my old turntables are now for sale (happy wife, happy life). I just snagged the DA-500 for a song and hopefully can bring it to the meet. Hope you guys are interested in hearing some vintage multi-bit. I've not heard PCM1702s - can't wait.

(Please do not add the DA-500 to the just yet until I make sure it gets here on time. I might even bring the JVC reel-to-reel if I can get it fixed up in time, if not, you guys will have to wait until fall.)
I have a couple reel to reel tapes I've never been able to listen to, Dorati's Tchakovsky 1812.Overature on the Mercury Living Presence Lablel and Wes Montgomery's Gretest Hits, would love to finally hear them!!!

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #98 of 348
Equipment update.
Sold the He-400 and 400S(JoeDoe will have them now) and Alpha Dogs. Sold the Teac UD-301. So I might be DAC less unless my Yggdrasil comes in before the meet. I was thinking DAC 19 or Gumby and said What go Yggy.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #99 of 348
I plan to make the trip as well. 
Headphone Inventory

AKG K7XX Mass Drop Special Edition
Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 ohms
Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00
Sennheiser HD 598
Sennheiser HD 700

Headphone Amp Inventory

Little Dot MK III 
      Schiit Magni

Source Inventory

Schiit Modi 
iBasso DX50
Cayin C5 Portable

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #100 of 348
  Equipment update.
Sold the He-400 and 400S(JoeDoe will have them now) and Alpha Dogs. Sold the Teac UD-301. So I might be DAC less unless my Yggdrasil comes in before the meet. I was thinking DAC 19 or Gumby and said What go Yggy.

I thought you had a Yggy already. Why did I think that? Hope it comes in by time for the show!

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #101 of 348
I had a teac ud-301. They said 2-3 weeks that would just put it on time fingers crossed. Going to look funny my little Liquid Carbon and a monster sized Yggy.

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #102 of 348
I am in, @pippen99, no problems on the Cavalli, Warren is hard to pin down, and I avoid interaction with still hart when possible.

I will tentatively have:

Headphones:

HD800
LCD-3f (with new carbon fiber headband)
Meze Classic 99
AKG K7XX (for sale)

Alclair RSM Quads and yet to be named Newly launched Audiophile CIEM.
Their new VP of Marketing is located in Nashville, so working on having a corporate presence from Alclair at the Meet.

Amps:

Taurus Mk. 2
Airist Audio 5
LC
LAu/Glass pending Warren
Apex Audio Glacier
IFi Audio Retro 50/LS3.5 Tabletop System

DACS

MONARCHY M22b
Grant Audio Tube DAC 11

Pending ????

Also will be demoing Norne Audio Cables again, let me know if Y'all have any cable requests, hoping to have a Therium 8 wire CIEM Cable, Norne Draug 2, perhaps something special for Audeze....

Any good concerts on the night of the 9th?

hmmmmmmmmmm !

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #104 of 348
i've had some interest in the 7xx since it first came out,, and the little dot is a great little amp ! 

i guess i should post my CURRENT lineup, it's changed this week
the h10, and the he500 have moved on that leaves me with :
amp
garage1217 project sunrise iii, and a lot of tubes

dac
teac us-301 (with schiit wyrd)

headphones
alessandro ms2i
grado rs2 (buttoned)
custom symphones magnum v6 , built by me

Mar 26, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #105 of 348
Update on gear I will bring.
For sure Ether_C
HD-700 Modded
Liquid Carbon
QP1R
With all hope a Yggdrasil.
Echobox Finder X1 Really nice iem's will have a lot of ear option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back