Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2016 (April 9, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #256 of 348
I'm just past Knoxville and making good time. Drove 500+ miles through the night, with a few naps at rest areas. I should easily be able to get to the 5:30 event this evening.

I'm thinking of contacting Emotive to see if I could pick up a Big Ego DAC as they're only about 6miles away from where we'll meet tonight.

i had a meet up sale in emotiva's neighborhood one time, i stopped in unannounced, and got the $.50 tour, super nice guys

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #257 of 348
I'm just past Knoxville and making good time. Drove 500+ miles through the night, with a few naps at rest areas. I should easily be able to get to the 5:30 event this evening.

I'm thinking of contacting Emotive to see if I could pick up a Big Ego DAC as they're only about 6miles away from where we'll meet tonight.

I'm in Knoxville, if you need anything, PM me.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #258 of 348

That's dedication right there, friends.

See you at dinner tonight. You can try to convince me to not be such a wimp when it comes to audio mods. :p

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #259 of 348
Won't be able to drive up until tomorrow morning, but I'll have a BUNCH of stuff with me. The Stockholm R2R tour DAC just got to my house yesterday so I'll be able to bring it as well as a recently re-acquired Mojo.

(Not to mention a garage sale's worth of gear to unload...)

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #260 of 348

That's dedication right there, friends.

See you at dinner tonight. You can try to convince me to not be such a wimp when it comes to audio mods. :p

It's all good. I forgot Nashville is in the central time zone. I still have 30 minutes to wait until the country music HOF opens up. After that, I'll head down to Franklin.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #261 of 348
It's all good. I forgot Nashville is in the central time zone. I still have 30 minutes to wait until the country music HOF opens up. After that, I'll head down to Franklin.

I work about 2-3 blocks from there.  Be sure to wave 
cool.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #263 of 348
So I forgot one of my bags. Most importantly I do not have a cable for ether. If anyone has an extra please bring it.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #264 of 348
  i had a meet up sale in emotiva's neighborhood one time, i stopped in unannounced, and got the $.50 tour, super nice guys

I interviewed and almost got a job at Emotiva. You are right, they are pretty nice guys, but I was apparently too technical for a job in customer service. Go figure.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #266 of 348
So I forgot one of my bags. Most importantly I do not have a cable for ether. If anyone has an extra please bring it.

Got you covered!
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #268 of 348
Kicks back eagerly waiting for the impressions of the meet to be posted :popcorn:

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #269 of 348
Just acquired as a beta test from Alex, the new Platinum HP cable from Wywires.  It's got 4-pin XLR and Audez'e connectors.  Will have it at the meet, connected to my LCD-X cans.
Decided to not bring the main rig this time.  I will have the portable rig AK120ii / Oppo HA-2 / SE846 with the new SpinFit tips.  Feel free to demo all this gear - see you soon!

All the best -
Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back