Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #1,158 of 1,174
Right, no worries, but since you can read that output, is my v20 on LOS 21 working as it would as on stock rom? Can you tell that from the output? Actually I could test that myself as I have another V20 on stock pie so can just compare the output from both.
It actually is working via Direct, yes, i'm wondering why is using 32bit instead of 24, but that's a minor thing. It is working pretty good.

Can you please send me a dump playing a 44.1/16bit Flac file? if you can play it in other music player that isn't uapp or poweramp it would be prefered, i want to know if your V20 upsamples 44.1/16bit files to 48khz

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #1,159 of 1,174
It actually is working via Direct, yes, i'm wondering why is using 32bit instead of 24, but that's a minor thing. It is working pretty good.

Can you please send me a dump playing a 44.1/16bit Flac file? if you can play it in other music player that isn't uapp or poweramp it would be prefered, i want to know if your V20 upsamples 44.1/16bit files to 48khz
Voila

Attachments

• flinger.44_16_zplayer.txt
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #1,164 of 1,174
Hello, I have recently bought a used V30+, rooted it and installed LineageOS 21 (A14) onto it, does it affect sound quality if at all? There's a DAC panel in the settings app and changing the settings in it also changes the audio output (you can also select gain modes in there.) so think the DAC works but how do I know for sure? I tried the Hi-Fi status app but it doesn't seem to work as it says it can't detect any output and when I plug my IEMs in it says unsupported device.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #1,165 of 1,174
Hello, I have recently bought a used V30+, rooted it and installed LineageOS 21 (A14) onto it, does it affect sound quality if at all? There's a DAC panel in the settings app and changing the settings in it also changes the audio output (you can also select gain modes in there.) so think the DAC works but how do I know for sure? I tried the Hi-Fi status app but it doesn't seem to work as it says it can't detect any output and when I plug my IEMs in it says unsupported device.
If it's the same as the V20 which I'm sure it is, the dac panel can turn high impedance mode on/off - for any headphone type whether low or high impedance. You can't do that on stock. You should notice higher volume though your headphones. The Hi-Fi status app won't work on LOS, it's redundant anyway because as I say you can just turn on high impedance mode as you like.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #1,166 of 1,174
If it's the same as V20 which I'd sure it is, the dac panel will can turn high impedance mode on/off - for any headphone type whether low or high imp. You can't do that on stock. You should notice higher volume though your headphones. The Hi-Fi status app won't work on LOS, it's redundant anyway because as I say you can just turn on high impedance mode as you like.
Yeah it does get very loud even with the volume amplifier at -14, good to know it's a Hi-Fi Status problem and not my phone, just wanted a way to be 100% sure that the DAC is active. It does sound amazing with my Mega5EST for sure and hopefully that's because of the DAC.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #1,167 of 1,174
Can you summarise how you did this as I'm interested. I have planar IEMs and headphones which are low impedance but could do with more juice to do them justice. Although I have a series of dongle DACs and a desktop setup, I still like revisiting my V30 and V40 from time to time, so this would be very useful. Thanks👍

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #1,168 of 1,174
Can you summarise how you did this as I'm interested. I have planar IEMs and headphones which are low impedance but could do with more juice to do them justice. Although I have a series of dongle DACs and a desktop setup, I still like revisiting my V30 and V40 from time to time, so this would be very useful. Thanks👍
It depends on your model number and current Android version, mine was a US998 model (which is the easiest one to do) with Android 9 so I had to downgrade it to an early version of Android 8 using a patched version of LGUP to unlock bootloader then upgraded to Android 9 again then I can install LineageOS (doing it this way retain all functionalities of the phone). You can read it up at xda-developers to get a more detailed guide depending on your model.

LG V30 LineageOS page: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/joan/
xda LineageOS thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-14-lineageos-21-0-for-lg-v30-all-variants-joan.4458695/
Scrolling down on the xda thread will lead you to the bootloader unlock guide depending on your model.

It is kinda tedious and complex so you need to carefully read through everything they laid out. Back up your phone before attempting.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #1,169 of 1,174
If that's the only reason, try the high impedance adapter trick. You'll need 3.5mm extender along with it.

1. It's going to be like this first:
V30 -> 3.5mm extender -> high impedance adapter -> planar IEM
2. The high impedance mode will be enabled.
3. Remove the impedance adapter
4. Connect planar IEM to 3.5mm extender.
V30 -> 3.5mm extender -> planar IEM

I used to use this trick with FAAEAL 80 ohm 3.5mm impedance adapter from Amazon & KZ PR2.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #1,170 of 1,174
If that's the only reason, try the high impedance adapter trick. You'll need 3.5mm extender along with it.

1. It's going to be like this first:
V30 -> 3.5mm extender -> high impedance adapter -> planar IEM
2. The high impedance mode will be enabled.
3. Remove the impedance adapter
4. Connect planar IEM to 3.5mm extender.
V30 -> 3.5mm extender -> planar IEM

I used to use this trick with FAAEAL 80 ohm 3.5mm impedance adapter from Amazon & KZ PR2.
Another way to do this if you have headphones that are 50 Ohm or higher is to use them instead of the high impedance adapter. It goes V30 -> 3.5mm extender -> high impedance headphones ->(and you have to connect the 3.5mm extender to your headphones first, then connect the extender to your phone). Remove headphones (but not the 3.5mm extender) and plug in your IEM

Also if you want to try medium gain you plug 3.5mm extender in by itself then plug your headphones into it. You might find this sounds better with IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back