Multiple Headphone outputs
Sep 16, 2010 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Victorious25

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

So as I've slowly been upgrading over the past few years, I've gotten to a point where my system is fairly respectable (At least as far as I'm concerned, being a college student). I currently have a Audio-gd DAC19DSP feeding a Ming Da MC84C07 and have DT 880 600 Ohms and k701s. The DT880s dominate my listening time, but I still switch back to the k701s at times for a change up. My plan from here had been to get a solid state amp next, potentially an Audio-gd C2 so that I could utilize the ACSS connection with the DAC19, but I also had been glancing at offerings from Meier. Recently I've become very interested in having a setup that would allow for two people to simultaneously listen to the same audio.
I assume that the simplest option in this department would be to just get a splitter off of my existing amp, but I'm not 100% sure how well this would work given the large impedance difference between my two headphones, as well I was curious if this type of splitting has any degrading affect on the sound?
My next thought was for an amp that has dual headphone out on it, but they each would need a dedicated volume control. I looked around at some amps the other day, and while I feel like I remember coming across an amp with this feature at some point I haven't been able to find it again. Am I crazy on this one, or does such an amp exist?
My next thought was to get a second amp like I had been planning already, and have both amps run off of my one DAC. To do that, would you be able to simply get some sort of RCA splitter and feed both amps? And if this is the case, does that kind of setup have any detrimental affects to the sound quality?
Finally, my last thought (And least appealing because it would be the most expensive) was if I got another DAC and Amp.

Any input on my areas of uncertainty would be much appreciated, as well as any input on my overall goal with my setup.

Thanks,
Victor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back