Multi-microphone mixer suggestions?
Jun 3, 2015 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DougofTheAbaci

1000+ Head-Fier
My office is looking at buying a in-office PA system. I got roped in because I'm probably the one who knows most about this sort of stuff (though almost nothing about this area of audio) so I was hoping you guys might know more.

Basically, we do talks occasionally in the office and while before we were just using a crappy boombox with an XLR input we now want to step it up a bit. So here are the requirements:

- Needs to have 2 mic inputs via XLR, 3 or 4 would be better
- Relatively inexpensive, $100-$150 maximum.
- Simple operation. Most of the time I won't be around to set it up so something our office manager can do on her own is preferred.
- Needs to be able to output that sound into self-powered speakers.

Having the ability to feed in other audio from another source through standard audio interfaces (like in from a computer, for example) is a bonus but not a requirement. It doesn't need to include it's own speakers because I'm trying to source ones for that which we can use for other things (movie night for example).

I don't know almost anything about these kinds of audio interfaces so advice, guidelines, recommendations... Any of that would be really helpful.

Thanks, all!

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 2
Have you tried Gearslutz? A forum that is more pro-audio oriented might be better for getting help with this kind of solution. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back