Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #5,926 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks.

How is the treble extension ? Which one is more bright ?

The EX600 have more treble presence, but on the other hand also more low impact and dynamics to balance out their highs. Like joker said, the Sonys are more headphone-like, but imo not only in presentation, but also in their effortless dynamics and authority.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5,927 of 16,931
x2 with the above. The\ EX600s are a bit more uneven in response because of that though, despite also having a fairly flat response. This goes back to the treble grain and also to a slower bass response due to the added weight. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #5,928 of 16,931

Quote:

Thanks.

How is the treble extension ? Which one is more bright ?

The EX600 has more emphasis on the lower treble and sounds brighter as a result. Can't fault either on extension - would have to run sweeps on them side by side to know which is better.

Quote:
IjokerI, I believe you prefer Q7 over Q5? And out of those, would you prefer that vs  EX600?  I believe you prefer the more analytic phone.

I prefer the e-Q5 over the e-Q7. Not sure if I prefer it over the EX600 - they are rather different in presentation, as james mentioned. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #5,929 of 16,931
Thanks for your latest review on the EX600.

The EX600 was the first pair of IEM's I bought. Although my IE80 is now dominating my classical music, I still enjoy the EX600 very much. It's very fun and entertaining when I listen to all genres of music with the EX600.

Excellent and thorough review as usual. Look forward to your review on IE80 in the near future.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #5,930 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks for your latest review on the EX600.

The EX600 was the first pair of IEM's I bought. Although my IE80 is now dominating my classical music, I still enjoy the EX600 very much. It's very fun and entertaining when I listen to all genres of music with the EX600.

Excellent and thorough review as usual. Look forward to your review on IE80 in the near future.

Thanks! No plans for an IE80 at this time but plenty of other interesting sets 

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #5,931 of 16,931
Joker, first of all thank you for fantastic work on behalf of community.

For vocal acoustic music (voice, chorus, classical guitar, sax, piano) .... what would be the best bet..... EX1000, SM2, SM3 or W4.

to make magic in tracks like this:

Plans to analyze  XBA-4 soon?

Thanks

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #5,932 of 16,931

Quote:

For vocal acoustic music (voice, chorus, classical guitar, sax, piano) .... what would be the best bet..... EX1000, SM2, SM3 or W4.

Thanks

Considering first impressions of the XBA-4 has been all over the place I second the request that the XBA-4 get some joker review time

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #5,934 of 16,931

Quote:

The Yamahas seem interesting - their lower-end models are not terrible but clearly tuned for a mainstream sound. The EPH-100 certainly seems different. I take it you would put them above the FXT90s.

Yea I think they sound a bit better than the FXT90's.  They have more detail and better bass in quality and quantity, also the mids are one of the best I've heard in a under $200 IEM.  

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #5,935 of 16,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The EX600 has more emphasis on the lower treble and sounds brighter as a result. Can't fault either on extension - would have to run sweeps on them side by side to know which is better.

All the more I want to try EX600 now.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #5,937 of 16,931
Hi there, my SE215s have broken and I'm looking for an upgrade, I enjoyed their warm sound as I listen to a lot of metal/jazz but I want a more punchy bass. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to upgrade to that would be great! I like the look of either the Ultimate ears triple fi-10s or the EX600s but I am not the most well informed person at IEMs. Thank you :)

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #5,938 of 16,931

Quote:

I still think signature preferences matter more than genre preferences. With the same exact track someone might prefer an SM3 while someone else might like the EX1000 much better (the two couldn't be any more diffent).

If you like a fuller, warmer sound with thicker, more intimate mids - get one of the Earsonics. If you like your sound brighter, more breathy/airy, and presented outside of your head - the EX1000. The W4 is the balancing act - not thin but not too thick, not as open as EX1000 but not as forward as SM3. No bass or treble emphasis, maybe slightly mid-centric. Undoubtedly boring for some so again it depends on what you prefer.

Quote:
Considering first impressions of the XBA-4 has been all over the place I second the request that the XBA-4 get some joker review time

I've had one for a day now courtesy of mcnoiserdc. I didn't really find it to be very impressive at CES and still I don't find it all that great now but clearly  more listening time is in order.

Quote:
Excellent review of the EX600, and your observations match mine.
A great IEM all in all.

Thanks!

Quote:
Anyone have a chance to hear Sony 7550?

Dweaver posted some thoughts on the previous page (or the one before), plus there's a 7550 thread out there somewhere.

Quote:
Hi there, my SE215s have broken and I'm looking for an upgrade, I enjoyed their warm sound as I listen to a lot of metal/jazz but I want a more punchy bass. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to upgrade to that would be great! I like the look of either the Ultimate ears triple fi-10s or the EX600s but I am not the most well informed person at IEMs. Thank you :)

The EX600 won't have more punch than an SE215. Maybe consider the FXT90, FX500, or ATH-CKM99?

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #5,940 of 16,931
Are the vsonics any good for drum and bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back