Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 14, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #2,986 of 16,931
Quote:
Do they have a mid to high frequency spike? !

No, they have a treble spike above the usual 'sibilant' frequency range. It's what gives them some of that air and cleanliness. I think different tips will help the CK10 much more than burn-in. 

Quote:
UM MIRAAAAAAAAAAACLEEEEEEEEEEE you are getting closer ^_^*.

Farther, actually - it is being buried in my desk under the growing pile of review samples. The upside is that some of those samples are now finished and will never be listened to again.

May 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2,988 of 16,931

Quote:
Farther, actually - it is being buried in my desk under the growing pile of review samples. The upside is that some of those samples are now finished and will never be listened to again.

NooOoooOoo, let it take precedence!!! It is the benchmark amongst all benchmarks that these iem's should be benchmarked against.

Lol I'm sure you'll get to it eventually, you got a ton on your plate man.

May 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #2,989 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:
Do they have a mid to high frequency spike? !

No, they have a treble spike above the usual 'sibilant' frequency range. It's what gives them some of that air and cleanliness. I think different tips will help the CK10 much more than burn-in. 

Ok thanks . What I.E.M that you have heard,would you say is similar to CK10, though with a more prominent bass ?.The stock ear tips were all too small for my ear canals .I've been using the Largest grey silicon tips that come with the westone 3's . They do give me a tight seal .I've never really had that same kind of seal with those foam like tips .

Quote:
@ib1dance

I fed them white noise over-night.

All of my recordings are lossless, and I 'm using the sony hybrid tips. The stock tips are more prone to sibilance.

Have not found any sony hybrid tips available in the uk yet .

May 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #2,991 of 16,931

Quote:
I am not a Monster fan but when you have something that well distributed and purchased by non enthusiasts, you will get more negative reviews as folks tend to write more often about dissatisfaction. More sold means more failed and I bet you read reviews about lack of bass from inexperienced users coming from buds and not getting a seal.  All I'm saying is that

True, I still ordered the coppers :wink:

May 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #2,992 of 16,931

Quote:
Ok thanks . What I.E.M that you have heard,would you say is similar to CK10, though with a more prominent bass ?.The stock ear tips were all too small for my ear canals .I've been using the Largest grey silicon tips that come with the westone 3's . They do give me a tight seal .I've never really had that same kind of seal with those foam like tips .

FAD FI-BA-SS maybe but that's about it unless you're willing to give up some of that clarity, transparency, and imaging. If you are, the e-Q5 is a pretty good compromise.

Quote:
So, I just found a pair of Sony earbuds with the model name MDR-EX310LP. I was wondering if anyone had heard them yet as they seem to be a new model? Chances are that they are just re-shelled EX300's buds though

EX310 is indeed a newer model. I think it was released this past winter. Not sure how it is related to the EX300, which I do own. I'm not a fan of the build of the EX300 but the sound is pretty decent.

May 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2,993 of 16,931

Quote:
If you are, the e-Q5 is a pretty good compromise.

x2.  I was just going to say that as the EQ5 reminds me very much of the CK10/DBA-02 with the balance shifted just a tad from uber clarity and detail to fuller, more balanced bass.  I think all 3 are relatives somehow.  The question is will the EQ5 bass be enough for what he wants.  Only one way to find out.

May 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #2,996 of 16,931
I have just been listening to "Adagio For Strings" by DJ Tiesto, and I was simply blown away. I now understand why the CK10's are recommended for trance. Unfortunately they don't give the same wow factor for metal, what would you recommend purely for metal and rock?

My hobbies are far too expensive. :D

May 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #2,997 of 16,931

Quote:
My hobbies are far too expensive.
biggrin.gif

Get into aero modelling, you shall know 
wink.gif

May 15, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #2,998 of 16,931

Quote:
m9 vs VS-R02 (visang)? 

whats the difference between those two?

Kinda don't like the looks of R02s, but they cost 25e (5e more than m9)....

R02 is smoother, much more forward in the midrange, and much more refined overall. M9 has deeper and much more powerful bass, slightly recessed mids, and quite a bit more harshness in the treble. The Xears XB120 bullet is a bit of a compromise between the two in the same price tier.

Quote:
I have just been listening to "Adagio For Strings" by DJ Tiesto, and I was simply blown away. I now understand why the CK10's are recommended for trance. Unfortunately they don't give the same wow factor for metal, what would you recommend purely for metal and rock?

My hobbies are far too expensive.
biggrin.gif

Something more dynamic, HA-FX700 or maybe the GR07 or Ortofon e-Q7. I think personal preferences matter more than genre selection anyway.

May 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #3,000 of 16,931

Quote:

FAD FI-BA-SS maybe but that's about it unless you're willing to give up some of that clarity, transparency, and imaging. If you are, the e-Q5 is a pretty good compromise.

Thanks for the help.The e-Q5 Looks good and at a OK price, though  I will also be using the I.E.M for running/dancing thus ideally would like a over the ears I.E.M .I wonder if the cables could be hooked over the ears and would the I.E.M then stay in place if your body was in Dynamic motion.

I didn't  hear the CK10's as having a 100% clarity,transparency,and imaging throughout the spectrum . In the mid-highs they shone, though left the bass in the dark for some tracks of Dance Music .Anyway the ck10 have been a Good lesson in my search for a more detailed and less bass heavy I.E.M than the stunning westone 3 . Stunning as it's a High end I.E.M among many others including the CK10's .

Quote:

x2.  I was just going to say that as the EQ5 reminds me very much of the CK10/DBA-02 with the balance shifted just a tad from uber clarity and detail to fuller, more balanced bass.  I think all 3 are relatives somehow.  The question is will the EQ5 bass be enough for what he wants.  Only one way to find out.

I'd certainly prefer to compromise a little mid-high clarity if that meant the I.E.M would have  more sub bass presence .
Quote:
I would consider changing the tips first,

FYI I'm experiencing more sibilance with comply tips than the sony hybrid tips.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120527078291&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've decided the CK10's are not for me.Or to be more precise I can only really afford to buy one High end I.E.M so the CK10's will have to go .With the tips It depends on how much sibilance your hearing .There yours ears,only you know what you can hear .Is it a subtle amount that can be remedied by tips ?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back