Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 9, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #14,252 of 16,931
Aug 9, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #14,253 of 16,931

Yeah, aside from the Philips O'Neill earphones I have yet to be disappointed with one of their in-ears.

I do like the KC06 and would like to try all of these other popular sets. The VSD3S is at the top of my list but I need to repost the VSD1/VSD1S reviews here first, and complete one for the newer GR07 Classic. By the time I get done with that there will be a new crop of popular budget IEMs
rolleyes.gif

Well, I hope you get to them eventually because they are a little too good to pass up in my opinion haha. That said, I know FOTM comes and goes, but I think these are solid recommendations that could potentially make it into your buyer's guide on THL. I hope they match up against the ever increasing good budget iems that do come along and will still be around for you to test/review. The Ostrys and Vsonics are gunning for a review spot or two, but the Havi and TTPOD deserve one from you too in my opinion 
wink.gif

Also, on your 2014 EP Buyer's Guide by SS, I think it might be a minute, but helpful clarification for newcomers&searchers if you put the price of the GR07 BE in the heading of its little review portion along with the GR07 MK2 price, since the BE is $130 from LMUE Amazon in your link & the mkII is $160. Just something I thought of, if someone wanted the bass/version, but didn't click on the link... and thought they were $160 as well. Something like this:

VSonic GR07 mkII ($160) / GR07 Bass Edition ($130)– The second generation of VSonic’s dynamic-driver flagship retains all of the features that made the original a success – ergonomic housings, adjustable nozzles, great overall construction quality, and consistency across audio sources. It also has the same bio-cellulose dynamic driver producing a well-balanced sound with punchy bass and crisp treble. There are more of both highs and lows compared to the Etymotic HF5, but the GR07 is still pretty darn balanced, and plenty great-sounding. Those looking for a little more bass will enjoy the equally capable GR07 Bass Edition. Read full review: VSonic GR07 / VSonic GR07 Bass Edition

Buy GR07 (amazon.com) | Buy GR07 Bass Edition (amazon.com) / (ebay.com)

Aug 9, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #14,255 of 16,931
hey joker,  heres another "i need your help" post

looking to get a pair for back up to my cx6/ie6.  First let me say that for 100$ for the cx6 was the best money i've spent on a pair of iems.  i bought these not knowing s***.  just bought them cause i needed a good pair of iso iem's and they were on sale at amazon.   The sound might not be the best but these things are built like tanks. i use these for work (outdoors), gym, under my helmet when i ride, dropped them, stepped on them, outdoor activities, etc, etc.  i literally tried to kill these things before the warranty was over.  not only did not die but they are still going strong almost 2 yrs after warranty.  With that being said i think i need a back up pair for these things.  So whats your recommendation?  I need form over function with these.  they need to be well built and sleek enough for me to do all the things that i need them for.  sound doesn't matter as long as they sound as good as my cx6.  

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #14,256 of 16,931
  Well, I hope you get to them eventually because they are a little too good to pass up in my opinion haha. That said, I know FOTM comes and goes, but I think these are solid recommendations that could potentially make it into your buyer's guide on THL. I hope they match up against the ever increasing good budget iems that do come along and will still be around for you to test/review. The Ostrys and Vsonics are gunning for a review spot or two, but the Havi and TTPOD deserve one from you too in my opinion 
wink.gif

Also, on your 2014 EP Buyer's Guide by SS, I think it might be a minute, but helpful clarification for newcomers&searchers if you put the price of the GR07 BE in the heading of its little review portion along with the GR07 MK2 price, since the BE is $130 from LMUE Amazon in your link & the mkII is $160. Just something I thought of, if someone wanted the bass/version, but didn't click on the link... and thought they were $160 as well. Something like this:

VSonic GR07 mkII ($160) / GR07 Bass Edition ($130)

That's a good point, they used to be the same price and then I just never updated it. Fixed it now. Hopefully the GR07 classic can just replace the GR07 on there at $99.

Dear |Joker|, what do you think about T-peos H100j? Compare to H100?
Suppose i can get the H100j for 50$. Is it worth the price tag?

Unfortunately the original H100 is the only version I've tried.

hey joker,  heres another "i need your help" post

looking to get a pair for back up to my cx6/ie6.  First let me say that for 100$ for the cx6 was the best money i've spent on a pair of iems.  i bought these not knowing s***.  just bought them cause i needed a good pair of iso iem's and they were on sale at amazon.   The sound might not be the best but these things are built like tanks. i use these for work (outdoors), gym, under my helmet when i ride, dropped them, stepped on them, outdoor activities, etc, etc.  i literally tried to kill these things before the warranty was over.  not only did not die but they are still going strong almost 2 yrs after warranty.  With that being said i think i need a back up pair for these things.  So whats your recommendation?  I need form over function with these.  they need to be well built and sleek enough for me to do all the things that i need them for.  sound doesn't matter as long as they sound as good as my cx6.  

Shure SE215? Fairly low-profile, great isolation, very good built quality, and good sound. I still like the IE6 better for comfort but the SE215 has replaceable cables and sounds a little better from what I remember of the IE6.

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #14,257 of 16,931

That's a good point, they used to be the same price and then I just never updated it. Fixed it now. Hopefully the GR07 classic can just replace the GR07 on there at $99.

Okidokie. Cool, I thought about that too; t'will be interesting if they are on par with the mk1, BE, & mk2 and very very similar. Hopefully so!
Cause $99 or the 82 bucks they are at LMUE right now would be a steal.

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #14,258 of 16,931
Also, I just wanted to say a few more little things on your buyer's guide as I like to test things and help with minor fixes. Sorry if it's a bother, I just want to help others too. I think they are beneficial updates. You can decide if you want to fix all or just some, but they should all be quick and helpful to others.
From top of the guide to bottom:

The HA-FX101 are now $13, very minor price update.

The vPulse is no longer $70, but $45, so I think a pricing update would be helpful for that. That would put it below $50 for Basshead in categories, and there would only be the Wooduo by itself. That is just the only one out of the guide that seemingly needs a price update the most for buyers. All the others are pretty spot on.

The preferred Dunu Trident link is an ended auction, so here is a one with Dunu Tridents from a search like your other eBay links for webpage consistency:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XDunu+Trident&_nkw=Dunu+Trident&_sacat=0

The Philips SHE3590 are now $9, very minor price update.

Soundmagic E10 are now $32, minor price update.

The VSD1S isn't available new on your Amazon link anymore. So I don't know if you wanna link it to LMUE with price update of $38 here: http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsd1s/

The MOE-SS01 link to LMUE was broken since the new site update, though the eBay one still works. So here's the new one if you want to insert it in your guide: http://www.lendmeurears.com/moe-ss01/

Philips S1 are now $84, minor price update but this one could fluctuate a little sooner unlike the others I think. Your call.

That's it. Hope it helps some other people with decisions and convenience Oh, and thanks for your website; it's great!

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #14,259 of 16,931

Shure SE215? Fairly low-profile, great isolation, very good built quality, and good sound. I still like the IE6 better for comfort but the SE215 has replaceable cables and sounds a little better from what I remember of the IE6.

thanks but i think i need something that is around the same design as the ie6.  i need to be able to wear the cords straight down.  i dont mind going up to 150$ range. thanks

yeah cx6 is still the most comfortable iem that i've tried.  wished they didn't discontinued it

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #14,260 of 16,931
  Also, I just wanted to say a few more little things on your buyer's guide as I like to test things and help with minor fixes. Sorry if it's a bother, I just want to help others too. I think they are beneficial updates. You can decide if you want to fix all or just some, but they should all be quick and helpful to others.
From top of the guide to bottom:

The HA-FX101 are now $13, very minor price update.

The vPulse is no longer $70, but $45, so I think a pricing update would be helpful for that. That would put it below $50 for Basshead in categories, and there would only be the Wooduo by itself. That is just the only one out of the guide that seemingly needs a price update the most for buyers. All the others are pretty spot on.

The preferred Dunu Trident link is an ended auction, so here is a one with Dunu Tridents from a search like your other eBay links for webpage consistency:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XDunu+Trident&_nkw=Dunu+Trident&_sacat=0

The Philips SHE3590 are now $9, very minor price update.

Soundmagic E10 are now $32, minor price update.

The VSD1S isn't available new on your Amazon link anymore. So I don't know if you wanna link it to LMUE with price update of $38 here: http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsd1s/

The MOE-SS01 link to LMUE was broken since the new site update, though the eBay one still works. So here's the new one if you want to insert it in your guide: http://www.lendmeurears.com/moe-ss01/

Philips S1 are now $84, minor price update but this one could fluctuate a little sooner unlike the others I think. Your call.

That's it. Hope it helps some other people with decisions and convenience Oh, and thanks for your website; it's great!

Thanks... updated all of the broken links. The minor price changes I usually ignore, especially when they require re-organizing the guide, just because the prices fluctuate (and sometimes differ by color) and are hard to keep up with. Will keep an eye on the S1 and vPulse. The vPulse for example hasn't been at $45 for more than a week. It's only a few third-party amazon sellers with that price. Will see if it price holds or goes back up the $70ish it's been at for a couple of months once they sell out. If it stays at $45 I guess the RHA MA350 is going to get knocked out 
redface.gif

thanks but i think i need something that is around the same design as the ie6.  i need to be able to wear the cords straight down.  i dont mind going up to 150$ range. thanks

yeah cx6 is still the most comfortable iem that i've tried.  wished they didn't discontinued it

The IE6 was designed for over-the-ear wear, like the IE7/IE8:

I don't have any experience with the CX6 but there's not many flush/ergonomic cable-down earphones out there. Your best bet might just be a small straight-barrel one, like a Yamaha EPH-100 or Sony MH1C or HiSound Crystal (if you insert the latter deep enough that it doesn't interfere with your helmet). Maybe the Audio-Technica CKM500, even. It fits more like an earbud with a nozzle, but isn't too big.

Not sure why more manufacturers don't have flush-fitting cable-down earphones. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #14,261 of 16,931
Thanks... updated all of the broken links. The minor price changes I usually ignore, especially when they require re-organizing the guide, just because the prices fluctuate (and sometimes differ by color) and are hard to keep up with. Will keep an eye on the S1 and vPulse. The vPulse for example hasn't been at $45 for more than a week. It's only a few third-party amazon sellers with that price. Will see if it price holds or goes back up the $70ish it's been at for a couple of months once they sell out. If it stays at $45 I guess the RHA MA350 is going to get knocked out :xf_eek:

No problem man.
Ah, ok. Yeah, I figured you could pick out what was important. I just noticed the vPulse dropped a lot, and I saw there were about 3 sellers fulfilled by Amazon offering them for 45, 46, & $47. Then the one $69 seller at the bottom. About the colors, I could see that being a viable issue with them ranging from $33-57 for pink, black, or blue.
Oh no, not the RHA! Lol just kidding.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #14,264 of 16,931

The IE6 was designed for over-the-ear wear, like the IE7/IE8:

I don't have any experience with the CX6 but there's not many flush/ergonomic cable-down earphones out there. Your best bet might just be a small straight-barrel one, like a Yamaha EPH-100 or Sony MH1C or HiSound Crystal (if you insert the latter deep enough that it doesn't interfere with your helmet). Maybe the Audio-Technica CKM500, even. It fits more like an earbud with a nozzle, but isn't too big.

Not sure why more manufacturers don't have flush-fitting cable-down earphones. 

yeah, the ie6/cx6 were meant to be worn around the ears.  But the design lets me wear it cable-down with no problems.

maybe companies aren't making more sleek designed iem cause of the trend of hybrids and sticking big ass drivers in a casing the size of a tootsie roll.  So to the companies that might be reading this thread.  make something more ergonomical.  Sometimes i dont want things that are the size of my thumb sticking out of my ears. 
rolleyes.gif

based on your pics and reviews.  i ordered the ma750, gr07 BE, and Altone200.  lets which ones are gonna get shipped back or sold on the FS/FT forum.  I';m already thinking that the altones might give me the most problems.  how did the altones feel to you?  where they protruding to far out?

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #14,265 of 16,931

No problem man.
Ah, ok. Yeah, I figured you could pick out what was important. I just noticed the vPulse dropped a lot, and I saw there were about 3 sellers fulfilled by Amazon offering them for 45, 46, & $47. Then the one $69 seller at the bottom. About the colors, I could see that being a viable issue with them ranging from $33-57 for pink, black, or blue.
Oh no, not the RHA! Lol just kidding.

I appreciate it. Definitely need to keep an eye on the pricing.

Is Amazon the best/only place to buy the Fidelio S1 from? 
cool.gif

They're on ebay also but the prices aren't lower from what I've seen.

yeah, the ie6/cx6 were meant to be worn around the ears.  But the design lets me wear it cable-down with no problems.

maybe companies aren't making more sleek designed iem cause of the trend of hybrids and sticking big ass drivers in a casing the size of a tootsie roll.  So to the companies that might be reading this thread.  make something more ergonomical.  Sometimes i dont want things that are the size of my thumb sticking out of my ears. 
rolleyes.gif

based on your pics and reviews.  i ordered the ma750, gr07 BE, and Altone200.  lets which ones are gonna get shipped back or sold on the FS/FT forum.  I';m already thinking that the altones might give me the most problems.  how did the altones feel to you?  where they protruding to far out?

Yeah, the Altone200 is at least average-sized for an earphone of that type, if not a little longer. Don't think it will fit under a helmet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back