Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 24, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #13,441 of 16,931
Apr 25, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #13,444 of 16,931
I hope you get to review the hybrid joker, it'll be interesting to know how well fidue implements them.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Ergonomic form factor + detachable cables is definitely part of the way there to justifying the $350 price tag. 

Hi Joker, one fast off topic question. Whats your opinion about sound quality of Cowon J3 when listening max. 1411kbs? 130 USD 32gb. My favorite IEM is EPH100 with classic rock files. Thanks!
Keep on with your useful reviews!

One of my few complaints with the J3 is how it behaves with really hi-res files. The processor isn't fast enough for uncompressed WAV files for example, and I've had issues with some very high bitrate FLAC files. Other than that it's a solid DAP, maybe a touch on the cool side tonally (which is fine for the EPH-100) but at least it has a user-friendly interface compared to many of the "audiophile" players I've tried.

There is!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/707182/sony-mh1-recabled-by-zmf

Oh wow, that's good stuff. Considering it already includes the earphone and a new MH1C runs $50-60 nowadays, not a bad deal at $99.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #13,445 of 16,931
Big thanks to Mr. Piotr Granicki  aka piotrius-g for his help in my DIY project!
Don't forget to visit Custom Art website for perfect silicone CIEM!
http://www.thecustomart.com/
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #13,446 of 16,931
  Big thanks to Mr. Piotr Granicki  aka piotrius-g for his help in my DIY project!
Don't forget to visit Custom Art website for perfect silicone CIEM!
http://www.thecustomart.com/
beerchug.gif

Got excited when I saw a button for "universal". Not clickable, unfortunately. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #13,450 of 16,931
I'm thankful for finding CA through this site, for a future CIEM they might just be the right buy for myself. Be interested to see what comes out on the Universal end. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #13,451 of 16,931
Any recommendations for a very comfortable, non-foam, tip? I have somy hybrids currently and the smalls just barely make a good seal, but the mediums are too big (they actually made my ear bleed at one point... OUCH!!)
Also any upgrades for 8320's? Similar sound signature and a negative fit (like I would be able to sleep in them, so probably over-ear?) would be appreciated

-Seb

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #13,452 of 16,931
Any recommendations for a very comfortable, non-foam, tip? I have somy hybrids currently and the smalls just barely make a good seal, but the mediums are too big (they actually made my ear bleed at one point... OUCH!!)
Also any upgrades for 8320's? Similar sound signature and a negative fit (like I would be able to sleep in them, so probably over-ear?) would be appreciated

-Seb

over ear , wanna sleep on them , small ears , one thing comes to my mind , pl50 . one thing else can be ue500/400 .

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #13,453 of 16,931
As far as tips, I've been using Shure's triple flange since my first IEMs from 2008. I just haven't found anything for my ears that work as well, also my regular concert earplugs are the same design so I am very used to it.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #13,454 of 16,931
So I was going to go ahead and purchase the Fidue A63 earphones but have held off on doing so because I've recently been using my FiiO X3 player again and have decided to try and find a pair of earphones that mate well with it.  Many folks indicate that neutral headphones/earphones are the best match with the FiiO since the player itself isn't neutral and has a slightly warm tonal character.  I think my problem to date, then, may have been in trying mate warm or V-shaped IEMs with the FiiO and being disappointed.

Lots of folks seem to use and like the HiFiMan RE-400's with the FiiO X3.  But I'm really concerned about all of the negative reviews regarding build quality of the RE-400's and how many folks experience the cable becoming detached within a year of owning them.  Is there another neutral IEM similar in price and performance quality to the RE-400's but of a higher build quality?  In terms of price, I'm thinking of something $150 or less.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #13,455 of 16,931
Joker, when you are rating these IEMs are you taking price into account. I ask because you rated the Monster Turbine over 7.5 and JH13 a 10. So a jump of 1000$ gets you 2.5 improvement? I auditioned the Monster Turbine a while ago and didn't think it was that good. If the Monster Turbine cost 1099$ excluding audiologist fees would you still rate it at 7.5?! This is quite concerning.

Otherwise I do not see the point in spending heaps more for a marginal improvement in sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back