Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #13,396 of 16,931
  Joker, have you had the chance to listen to the Sony XBA-H3 yet? I got to try it out for a week and I really liked the sound signature, but the poor isolation and huge shells are holding me back from ordering one quite yet. I get the feeling I would always be wanting something with better isolation and whatnot.. I know I've posted a few times before asking for suggestions, but never had an IEM exactly in mind to describe the sound signature I was looking for, but now I've found it in the form of the H3. Any recommendations on sets with similar sound signatures that isolate better?

I haven’t tried it. Sounds like the ergonomics are similar to the old EX-series units.

I'm looking for a cheap IEM to use for my travels. I've read the buyers guide for $50 earphones and the VSonic VSD1(S) and Thinksound MS01 are on my shortlist. My main headphone is a beyerdynamic DT770. How do these earphones compare to the sound characteristics of the DT? I love the sound of the DT so I want something that closely emulates its sound.

It’s been a while since I’ve tried the DT770 (250ohm version). From what I remember of them the MS01 will likely be a little too warm and dark in comparison- the VSD1S should be a better match. But, I can’t say with certainty how close it will be since I don’t have access to a DT770.

Hey Joker 

Any thoughts on the NAMI as a compliment to my er4s? I was looking for something lusher for computer music which the etys make sound quite flat. 

Might be too close in that respect, actually – the Nami has punchy bass but it’s not an earphone I would describe as “lush” – not enough upper bass/lower midrange bloom or note thickness for that. I would think you’d want a bigger contrast to your ER4S than the Nami if you just have the two earphones – at least something bassier like a Dunu DN-1k, or if you don't want more bass than the Olasonic simply a warmer-sounding earphone, like the MDR-7550.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #13,397 of 16,931
  Joker, have you had the chance to listen to the Sony XBA-H3 yet? I got to try it out for a week and I really liked the sound signature, but the poor isolation and huge shells are holding me back from ordering one quite yet. I get the feeling I would always be wanting something with better isolation and whatnot.. I know I've posted a few times before asking for suggestions, but never had an IEM exactly in mind to describe the sound signature I was looking for, but now I've found it in the form of the H3. Any recommendations on sets with similar sound signatures that isolate better?

... I ordered a set that will be here on Thursday. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, your resistance didn't last long... 
tongue.gif

As for something similar with better isolation, I found mids and treble pretty similar between the XBA-H3 and XBA-3. The latter are significantly smaller and isolate much better, but in turn you'll lose the dynamic driver's better bass extension and texture and the vented H3's huge and open soundstage.

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #13,398 of 16,931
The T-PEOS H-300 seem seriously nice, might be throwing that in to compete with the JVC FX-750. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #13,401 of 16,931

... I ordered a set that will be here on Thursday. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, your resistance didn't last long... 
tongue.gif

As for something similar with better isolation, I found mids and treble pretty similar between the XBA-H3 and XBA-3. The latter are significantly smaller and isolate much better, but in turn you'll lose the dynamic driver's better bass extension and texture and the vented H3's huge and open soundstage.

Yep, thanks to the sale on Amazon.com, I said screw it and went for it. 
biggrin.gif

Haha, but the bass is one of the things I like about the H3; I still haven't heard an IEM that uses BAs for bass that provides the necessary punch I'm looking for. 
L3000.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #13,402 of 16,931
  The T-PEOS H-300 seem seriously nice, might be throwing that in to compete with the JVC FX-750. 

I’m still exploring the lower bounds of the T-Peos lineup – haven’t tried the H-200 or H-300 yet.

Joker, you did a good review on the Dunu DN-1000 and I'm looking forward to your DN-2000 review
biggrin.gif

I should have some early impressions of the DN-2000 ready soon. I quite like it!

joker , i finding a new iem , i have a few choice in my mind , final audio design VI , flat 4 sui , im03 , f111 which one is better

Sorry, haven't heard any of those. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #13,405 of 16,931
Hi Joker

Did you have the chance to try the new Philips SHE9710?
If so what are your thoughts?

I tried them and really loved them, for the price in Japan (around $20) I felt like they offer value of iems in the 100-200 range.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #13,407 of 16,931
I thought the Nami was just a rebranded Flat 4 Sui.

I was under the impression that all of the Flat-4 sets are different - Sui, Nami, Kuro, etc - see the release thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676902/ocharaku-flat4-nami-th-f4n

Hi Joker

Did you have the chance to try the new Philips SHE9710?
If so what are your thoughts?

I tried them and really loved them, for the price in Japan (around $20) I felt like they offer value of iems in the 100-200 range.

Sorry, never even heard of it before.

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #13,408 of 16,931
does the brainwavz b2 needs an amp ? should i buy it , i already have an ety er-4p ?

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #13,409 of 16,931
and what about the new gr07 classic ? is this same as the first gr07 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back