Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 15, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #11,477 of 16,931
Technically, it's not the world's first even if we're more strict about the definition of "universal IEM".

A while back, Rhapsodio was selling the R8P, which was an eight-driver CIEM-derived universal that was only made to be a universal --- it apparently wasn't available as a custom unless you decided to remold it. Just a fun fact.

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #11,478 of 16,931
Sep 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #11,479 of 16,931
There are plenty of CIEM demo universals with 6, 8, etc. drivers. In that case, I heard two different ten driver universals before!

The S-EM6 is the first purpose-built universal that has 6 BAs. At the same time, however, it doesn't seem all that innovative. It's basically just an EM6 shoehorned to output through a tiny little 2mm tube. Sure, the manifold should be plenty complex, but I'd still say that something like a TO GO! 334 has more complex construction and pushed the limits of construction more.
I agree that I do not see any inmovation justifying this new model and its price. However for me tuning and SQ are the most important, so if it sounds wonderful then the heck with innovation. There is quite a significant chance that it will sound similar to the EM6 but few people here own it. It is bound to sound better than the demo versions of the EM6 IMO as much more effort will have been but in making it a true universal.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #11,481 of 16,931

Portable rig:

I'd try it...

I agree that I do not see any inmovation justifying this new model and its price. However for me tuning and SQ are the most important, so if it sounds wonderful then the heck with innovation. There is quite a significant chance that it will sound similar to the EM6 but few people here own it. It is bound to sound better than the demo versions of the EM6 IMO as much more effort will have been but in making it a true universal.

Same. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #11,482 of 16,931
Hey joker, I've tried the PNY Uptown 200 from Fry's (paid  $27 w/ tax, did not care bout the price) and the sounds really good for the price
ksc75smile.gif
 very non fatiguing, comfortable, pleasant sound with good amount bass to impress. Oh God, I can sleep with this phones on my ears. 

I think these deserve a review from you!

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #11,483 of 16,931
Clear Tune Monitors is running a sweepstakes for their CT-200 customs on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cleartunemonitors/app_478544205586977 

Looks like anyone with a facebook account can enter to win. 

Hey joker, I've tried the PNY Uptown 200 from Fry's (paid  $27 w/ tax, did not care bout the price) and the sounds really good for the price
ksc75smile.gif
 very non fatiguing, comfortable, pleasant sound with good amount bass to impress. Oh God, I can sleep with this phones on my ears. 

I think these deserve a review from you!

Yeah, they are quite good. So are the Midtowns (I forget which one is the higher-end model). I've mentioned both before in this thread but haven't had the chance to do a full write-up yet. Will get around to it eventually. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #11,484 of 16,931
So I listened to S-EM6 today. I also took time to run some measurements on it as well I don't know but it seemed that the unit I had was somehow faulty.

Anyways... S-EM6's sound is a continuation of the Ear Sonics' sound signature. It has all the best futures of SM3 v2 and SM64 combined. What really impressed me was bass, which is really "big" but in a good way it goes really really low and has that fine deep texture. Next thing was soundstage - simply wow - one of the best from Universal IEMs. It has spaciousness and airness of a regular custom IEM. And the resolution - also wow - there are layers and layers of sound. Very impressive.
Highs remind a lot of SM64 - they can sound a bit harsh but overall are quite extended and detailed. Mids are typical for Ear Sonics - close, slightly intimate and a bit thick on the low note and bright and light on higher notes.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #11,485 of 16,931
So I listened to S-EM6 today. I also took time to run some measurements on it as well I don't know but it seemed that the unit I had was somehow faulty.

Anyways... S-EM6's sound is a continuation of the Ear Sonics' sound signature. It has all the best futures of SM3 v2 and SM64 combined. What really impressed me was bass, which is really "big" but in a good way it goes really really low and has that fine deep texture. Next thing was soundstage - simply wow - one of the best from Universal IEMs. It has spaciousness and airness of a regular custom IEM. And the resolution - also wow - there are layers and layers of sound. Very impressive.
Highs remind a lot of SM64 - they can sound a bit harsh but overall are quite extended and detailed. Mids are typical for Ear Sonics - close, slightly intimate and a bit thick on the low note and bright and light on higher notes.

Can it be compared to any of your CIEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back