Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #10,531 of 16,931
IE 800 review is up on InnerFidelity for anyone interested: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-ie-800-dynamic-ear-monitor

I’ll add it to this thread in due time. For what it’s worth, I prefer its sound to the Ultrasone IQ slightly but still like the K3003 better.

Quote:

Me neither until I got them. But apparently it's on the market. Under "GR02" below in the bracket it says "Balanced".

Interesting. Looks like the GR02 BE.

Quote:
Hope you'll get to review these at some point.

Is that the best of the Zero Audio IEMs?

I tried contacting them once about one of their old single BA models but I think the language barrier was an issue. IIRC their website was all in Japanese back then.

Quote:

Hmm I missed that S2 only have 1-button remote.
Too bad that one can't change the cable on the S2 to a 3-button one, otherwise they look great.

Are there any you could recommend that have 3-buttons remote?

You can go to the interactive table and select “With Mic/3button remote” to see everything I’ve reviewed with a 3-button. I’ve done that filtering here

The UE900 becomes one of the top choices in that case.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #10,532 of 16,931
Quote:

I tried contacting them once about one of their old single BA models but I think the language barrier was an issue. IIRC their website was all in Japanese back then.

These are being hyped pretty hard in several threads.

It would be nice to get a review from you Joker, as you'll be better positioned to compare these Zero Audios' to their respective categories.

From what I've gathered, the Basso and Tenores are the ones being hyped hard.

Looking forward to your review of these - if you are planning to do them.

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #10,533 of 16,931
IE 800 review is up on InnerFidelity for anyone interested: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-ie-800-dynamic-ear-monitor

Well, the DX210 Basso and DX200 Tenore seem to be the most popular at the moment.

I have the Tenore myself and love them, maybe even more than the Yamaha EPH100.

Btw, the thread for them is here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/665111/zero-audio-zh-dx200-carbo-tenore-zh-dx210-carbo-basso-carbon-aluminium-iem-information-appreciation-and-impressions-thread

PS. Oh and their site is still all in Japanese lol

It would be nice to get a review from you Joker, as you'll be better positioned to compare these Zero Audios' to their respective categories.

They are being hyped for sure, most likely coz they have an amazing sound quality for the money.

The Tenore for example have the most widest soundstage I've ever heard in an IEM.

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #10,536 of 16,931
Quote:
Where did the VSonic VC02 go? I literally can't find it on the page!

Quote:

Looks like the enture "3A" review section disappeared somehow :frowning2:

It'll be back. Glitch in the system.

We need to all put our heads together and figure out a warning system. Maybe bright red at the very top of the first post on page 1?

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #10,537 of 16,931
Quote:
Where did the VSonic VC02 go? I literally can't find it on the page!

Lost them after a crazy party...
beerchug.gif
 Just the drivers , of course...
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #10,538 of 16,931
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I've still not caught up with some of the other popular (hyped) sets such as the MH1C but I'll see if I can contact Zero Audio later in the month. 

Quote:

It'll be back. Glitch in the system.

We need to all put our heads together and figure out a warning system. Maybe bright red at the very top of the first post on page 1?

Yeah that's simple enough. I'll add a note where that tier is listed in the first post. Personally I am still hoping for a fix (bug/feedback thread here) but it's looking like the post is just too long/large for the system to handle properly. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #10,540 of 16,931
I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I'm undecided about a future purchase. I plan to get a pair of IEMs. I'm mostly listening to Electronic, Hip-Hop and some OSTs. So I'd prefer something bass oriented. They should be used on a portable gear (Colorfly C3 + C&C BH Amp). So if there are IEMs with good synergy with this combo it'd be great.

I put on my list until now Atrio Mg7 and JVC FX700. Maybe add T-Peos H-200 ? There's a lot of info in this topic/forum and if I'd have a list with 5-6 choices it would be great to read only about those. Budget can be up to 200$. Maybe more if it's really worth!?
Thanks!

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #10,541 of 16,931
^ATH CKS1000 should be on your list too. :wink:

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #10,542 of 16,931
Quote:

While it may be warmer than the RE272 or ER4S, I really don't think the RE-400 is a warm earphone in the negative sense of that term. I have to spend more time with it but so far it's a difficult set to find fault with.

I have not heard the IE800 from TDK. The VC02 might be a safer choice than the RE-400 as its bass quantity is somewhere between that and the GR07. It's not bloated at all and it is dirt cheap. I don't think it has the overall refinement of the HiFiMan, especially in the treble region, but then that's still a $40 earphone being compared to one of the best $100 sets. I definitely prefer the VC02 to the MH1C.

In a sentence, less punchy and smoother through the treble. 

Answered your PM. 

I bought a Brainwavz M4 1 year ago and now thinking of changing my earphone. Hope you add HiFiMan RE-400 soon :)

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #10,544 of 16,931
Quote:
I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I'm undecided about a future purchase. I plan to get a pair of IEMs. I'm mostly listening to Electronic, Hip-Hop and some OSTs. So I'd prefer something bass oriented. They should be used on a portable gear (Colorfly C3 + C&C BH Amp). So if there are IEMs with good synergy with this combo it'd be great.

I put on my list until now Atrio Mg7 and JVC FX700. Maybe add T-Peos H-200 ? There's a lot of info in this topic/forum and if I'd have a list with 5-6 choices it would be great to read only about those. Budget can be up to 200$. Maybe more if it's really worth!?
Thanks!

I doubt you'll find an IEM that benefits significantly from that amp unless the Colorfly is a poor source to start with. Your post doesn't mention the type of sound you're looking for so I'll just say that I think the FX700 is generally better than the MG7 if you don't need isolation. Haven't tried the H-200. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #10,545 of 16,931
Quote:

The S2 should be a good choice if you think you'll enjoy a balanced sound. It has a slight bump in the bass but is otherwise quite accurate. The UE900 is a little smoother for me and maybe sounds a touch more layered and 3-dimensional. It also has a form factor I prefer, and better isolation, but I still think its difficult to justify the cost increase over the S2. Do keep in mind that the S2 has a 1-button remote, not a 3-button like the UE900 and stock Apple headsets.

The design of the S2 actually keeps its driver in the outer ear. The CC51 and most other microdriver earphones do the opposite, putting the driver in the ear canal. Unless you have small outer ears also, you shouldn't have a problem.

Sounds good. I just ordered the S2 yesterday so it will arrive during next week, I'm really looking forward to try it out. Thank you for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back