Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #7,682 of 16,931
Quote:
I planned to get Unique Melody Miracle. Only problem is it takes about $100 for shipping to send impressions to China.

Those who bought from overseas and send their impressions from US, which shipping company they used and how much they paid?

I don't have too much money to spend for shipping.

Also, if anyone know good audiologist in Manhattan, New York?

Thanks

I do! Park76 Audiologist. 25 Years of Excellent service. :D

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #7,684 of 16,931
Quote:

Have you thought of getting custom tips for the HF5? It will still (almost) be within your budget. As far as other options go, I think you might like the HiFiMan RE262 (or used RE272) based on your HD600 experience, or the GR07 (slightly edgier than the HiFiMan stuff but not as 'clinical' as an Ety). You could also try a MEElec A161P (reviewed as the Fischer SBA-03 here) - it's got more bass and slightly more subdued highs than your average Ety but still performs similarly overall.

Thanks for your thoughts Joker. I've done a bit more reading on the ones you've mentioned, but I get the feeling that unless I spring for something like the RE272 I'm going to get a different but not necessarily better overall sound. Maybe I should give the q-jays a try with some other tips while saving and looking out for a used RE272. Do you have suggestions on what tips to try with the q-jays? I have a hard time figuring out what's compatible because manufacturers never list it specifically.

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #7,685 of 16,931
I just want to thank you, Joker for your suggestions and for this thread. Despite your cautioning against it (I'm not too fond of bass heavy sets), I went for the GR02 Bass Edition. I have to say that you are spot on in your advice and reviews. They are extremely nice phones, great sound quality, but there is a bit more bass than I would have liked. I switched my iPod eq to "Bass Reducer" and couldn't be happier. They sound balanced and analytical and not at all lean. Additionally, the GR02 can be had even cheaper from Lend Me Ur Ears without the Sony Hybrid style tips. I seem to have very finicky ears, nothing fits my left ear. I think that my inner canal is very narrow and my outer ear is very wide, so few tips fit well, including bi-flanges. On a lark, I placed an order with Meelec. I got some of their "Balanced Sound" tips, small triple flanges, over ear loops and a case. Everything they sell is reasonably priced and very well made. I couldn't get the triple flanges to fit, but the "Balanced Sound" bi-flanges are incredible! They use a much softer, thinner silicone that isolates incredibly well and is extra comfy! Do they balance the sound of the GR02? Not really, but boy are they comfortable! I found that by installing the GR02s upside down, with or without over-ear-guides, they insert deeper and the comfort is incredible!

Anyway, those are my thoughts, somewhat non sequitur, but I wanted to share.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #7,689 of 16,931
no the dtx is not the most bassy iem , but its big , it dont need any amp , why you dont settle with the cc51 , good bass , nice clarity , not the most awesome highs , really nice mid , dtx for me are not value . and it dont need any amp .

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #7,690 of 16,931
havent heard the jvc , but the m9 are really awesome , big bass , and good clarity for just $18 .

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #7,694 of 16,931
Quote:
does the MEElec CC51 have good bass and isolation

Bass is good quality. It's V shaped, midrange is recessed. A fun IEM to listen to. I'd probably get one if given the chance.

Isolation depend on your ear canal size, nozzle diameter is 6mm. It is a vented IEM.

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #7,695 of 16,931
nice isolation , good bass , slightly v shaped , buy the dtx is a big V . there is nothing in 6mm diameter , the bigger tips fit really awesome , the mid ear tips are not bad at all . but one trouble , no other tip will fit . if bass you need , then try the ue 400 and xb41ex .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back