Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #7,412 of 16,931
Quote:
From what I understand, eph are only over the ear. I could change to that style but I'd prefer not to. I like IEM's so much because of how easy they are to carry around.

EPH-100 are pretty standard straight-barrel earphones. No reason why they should be worn over the ear except to eliminate cable noise. Same as the X10, actually.

Quote:
Hi guys, i just recieved my Brainwavz M4 bought at 28$ from mp4 nation, is there any chance I got a fake? I own the M1 bought from the same place, good earphones but the M4 I just got are nothing compared to the M1, trebble extension is almost absent, all I can hear is bass, proeminent mids (when I turn the volume up they ''shout'' at me, I can't even listen to them) and some highs that cut off at a very early, i can bearly here a difference when I boost the 12k on my sansa clip+, they're nothing like I read about them! What could be the problem?

Bad unit, bad fit, bad something else. Shouldn't be a fake, though. I thought they were discontinued anyway...

Quote:

Are they poorly made, or will a 90 day warrantee be sufficient??

I wouldn't risk it unless it was just to try them and move on. Monster gear doesn't have the best reputation for long-term durability.

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #7,413 of 16,931
Quote:

I wouldn't risk it unless it was just to try them and move on. Monster gear doesn't have the best reputation for long-term durability.

Agreed. It's more beneficial for Monster than for the buyer. Rhetorically: How it is that Monster has so many IEM's on hand for refurbishment? 

On the other hand, MMDT I felt was too overloaded with extras and that the IEM's selling alone are worth the refurbished price, but at the additional expense of no where to turn once they go bad after the third month.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #7,414 of 16,931
Hi joker, need your insights between the Westone 2 and UM2. Which is the more musical and coherence performer? Which will have better PRAT and is non-fatiguing for long listening session and good with a wide variety of genres of music? Lastly, which is better overall based on price/performance? Your insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #7,415 of 16,931
Quote:

Agreed. It's more beneficial for Monster than for the buyer. Rhetorically: How it is that Monster has so many IEM's on hand for refurbishment? 

On the other hand, MMDT I felt was too overloaded with extras and that the IEM's selling alone are worth the refurbished price, but at the additional expense of no where to turn once they go bad after the third month.

AFAIK monster stuff is sold in retail stores, which is not true for most other higher-end IEMs. Guessing that means a lot of returns from consumers who were expecting something else from a $400 in-ear. 

Quote:
Hi joker, need your insights between the Westone 2 and UM2. Which is the more musical and coherence performer? Which will have better PRAT and is non-fatiguing for long listening session and good with a wide variety of genres of music? Lastly, which is better overall based on price/performance? Your insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'd be happy to comment but I haven't heard the UM2.

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #7,416 of 16,931
hi joker ,
the rockit sounds r 50 has been making a wave here in head-fi ..
twfk dual ba ... only 120 dollars ... hope you can get your hands on them at the earliest ..
cheers 

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #7,417 of 16,931
Quote:
hi joker ,
the rockit sounds r 50 has been making a wave here in head-fi ..
twfk dual ba ... only 120 dollars ... hope you can get your hands on them at the earliest ..
cheers 

It's been suggested a couple of times now. I'll see if I can make it happen but I'm not exactly struggling for lack of things to write up.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #7,418 of 16,931
How would the EPH-100's bass compare to the regular Monster Turbines ? I am looking for something that provides good, quick bass for Hip-Hop/R&B/EDM, but would also pull off Metal & Rock, would the EPH-100 fit the bill ?

I would've tried the Golds or Coppers were it not for the driver flex that's being very bothersome on my current Turbines.

Thanks in advance..

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #7,419 of 16,931
@Joker

I've received my EPH-100 and the first impression is WOW, I feel that EPH-100 has more sub-bass than the mid-bass which for me is a very good thing. I want to listen to it more but just want to know one thing more, If I want to upgrade so what would be the best upgrade from EPH-100??

I would consider the same smooth treble which EPH-100 has but with more extension, same bass it would be better if the newer earphone has more tightness and depth with better definition in low end? better or same mid-range and soundstage? more better instrument separation???

I am not going to upgrade anytime soon but just asking for the recommendation.

Thanks & Regards

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #7,420 of 16,931
Quote:

AFAIK monster stuff is sold in retail stores, which is not true for most other higher-end IEMs. Guessing that means a lot of returns from consumers who were expecting something else from a $400 in-ear. 

I'd be happy to comment but I haven't heard the UM2.

Ok, thanks joker. Maybe have to do more reading and try to figure it out.

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #7,421 of 16,931
Quote:
@Joker

I've received my EPH-100 and the first impression is WOW, I feel that EPH-100 has more sub-bass than the mid-bass which for me is a very good thing. I want to listen to it more but just want to know one thing more, If I want to upgrade so what would be the best upgrade from EPH-100??

I would consider the same smooth treble which EPH-100 has but with more extension, same bass it would be better if the newer earphone has more tightness and depth with better definition in low end? better or same mid-range and soundstage? more better instrument separation???

Thanks & Regards

I'm a huge fan of the EPH and purchased the JVC FXD80 recently.  I think the JVC's take it up a notch compared to the EPH.  You might want to take a look at this thread to see if it interests you.  Start at this page a read on for reviews/impressions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/612299/jvcs-micro-hd-line-revamped-for-2012-ha-fxd80-70-60/195

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #7,422 of 16,931
Quote:
How would the EPH-100's bass compare to the regular Monster Turbines ? I am looking for something that provides good, quick bass for Hip-Hop/R&B/EDM, but would also pull off Metal & Rock, would the EPH-100 fit the bill ?

I would've tried the Golds or Coppers were it not for the driver flex that's being very bothersome on my current Turbines.

Thanks in advance..

The EPH-100 is quicker and cleaner than the old Turbines - I think it'll be fine for what you're after. Would definitely recommend it for you over the Golds/Coppers. 

Quote:
@Joker

Thanks & Regards

JVC HA-FX700. Maybe not quite as smooth as the EPH-100 but seems to be what you're after otherwise. 

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #7,423 of 16,931
Quote:

JVC HA-FX700. Maybe not quite as smooth as the EPH-100 but seems to be what you're after otherwise. 

What do you think about Earsonics SM2 DLX and Clear Tune Monitors CTM-200 as compared to the EPH-100?

Jul 4, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #7,424 of 16,931
To Joker and generally everyone:

Regarding the highs of an IEM.. the only thing that i am not satisfied from gr07 is the highs.. When i tried the hje900 i noticed that the highs had a nice micro detailed and crispy type but not particular sibilance. It wasnt that much and i guess some of the best iems in the highs might have this thing and even more developed.. On the gr07 this is totally missing in my opinion.
What do you thing?

P.S Joker do you have in mind to audition any of the AT CKM500, Meelec A161 and jvc fxd80?

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #7,425 of 16,931
Joker this past weekend I purchased the GR06 and RE262 thanks to your recommendations. In the past, I purchased the XE200Pro as well based on your recommendation, and absolutely love them. Thank you, |joker|. 
Quick question: Have you ever tried the GR06 with a 70 ohm resistor cable? I hear that driving them after applying the adapter helps balance them out. I'm just wondering if you've ever tried that.

Thanks |joker|!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back