Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #7,156 of 16,931
Quote:
Would you say the Atrio m5 with mg7 drivers are the bargain of the century for 100$ or is their something much better for the same price ( Bassy IEM ) ?

Very very hard to beat for the price if you want a very bassy iem.

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #7,157 of 16,931
i brought myself this new awesome ue 600 , one thing i can say is the bass is flat and instrument separation is better then the cc51 . really nice and big sound stage . same bad cable as the cc51 , i mean weak . i hope joker will drop those old discontinued ultimate ears and will add this one in his " to be ... " list .

the boxes and the boxers .

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #7,158 of 16,931
I don't think it makes sense to rescale till you blow the sound score out.  One phone as an outlier in just isolation doesn't require rescaling the whole thread.  The Spiral Ears kick isolation butt.  Done, move on.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #7,163 of 16,931
Quote:
I completely understand.
Just keep on bringing in those great reviews!

There is something I was wondering for a long time. You used to review only universals and when you started out reviewing customs I thought it was a one time thing. There were a few excpetions but now the thread contains a lot. Ever thought of making a separate thread for those?
Like you have for the on-ears.

Last one: I am stuck between IEMs. I like the mids of the RE262, but don't like to carry around an amp. I like the sound a lot.
I like the treble of the Brainwavz B2 but they don't stay in my ears. Fit and isolation is OK but on the move it's not.
GR07 is excellent but is nothing stands out, I prefer RE262. I have others but neither one is perfect, perhaps a suggestion?

I think the six (am I forgetting any?) customs would feel lonely in their own thread and I do agree that using the same scale as I use for universals makes sense for perspective (and also cuts down on the number of questions I'll have to answer about that). Plus I don't think I'll be adding any more in the near future. 

Do you need the warmth of the RE262? If not, the RE272 might work. It gets the treble much more right than the RE262 IMO and the mids are still exceptional, just a bit different. Easier to drive, too. Other options - Ortofon e-Q5, maybe Sony EX600/EX1000. Not sure which will work for you in terms of fit. 

Quote:
I wouldn't want the customs in a separate thread. Those reviews of custom IEMs put the universal IEMs in perspective.

Agreed

Quote:
I don't think making everything /10 is a good idea, let say a pair of earphones scored 4/5 on comfort, if it is changed to 8/10 the difference between the comfort that the earphones and the perfect earphones provide seems larger. Also I don't think it is worth such long period of time just to get a minor issue fixed.
I suggest to just leave it alone or perhaps make it into a 5+.

Problem with 5+ (which is what I had for ACS Ety tips before) was that it doesn't factor into calculations.

Quote:
Would you say the Atrio m5 with mg7 drivers are the bargain of the century for 100$ or is their something much better for the same price ( Bassy IEM ) ?
Also how would the CKS77's compare with the m5 ?

Agree with ProjectDenz, very hard to beat Atrios for bass at that price. No idea what the CKS77 sounds like.

Quote:
I don't think it makes sense to rescale till you blow the sound score out.  One phone as an outlier in just isolation doesn't require rescaling the whole thread.  The Spiral Ears kick isolation butt.  Done, move on.

This seems like the most logical course of action for the time being. When I am feeling less pressed by reviews I'll figure out how to fix it all per all of the suggestions here.

Quote:
lendmeurears.com ship worldwide.
you can also search on ebay, and there's the lendmeurears ebay store too

+1 lendmeurears is a worldwide Astrotec distributor

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #7,164 of 16,931
@joker

Did you try TDK EB950? If yes so how will you compare them with the Sunrise X-IE?

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #7,165 of 16,931
Hi Joker;

Learn that you haven't heard CKS77 before, how about the CKM500?
You may aware that a friend next door grade the CKS77 & CKM500 sky high good.

actually i am very interest about how you think about these two, any chance in the next future?

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #7,166 of 16,931
Quote:
@joker

Did you try TDK EB950? If yes so how will you compare them with the Sunrise X-IE?

Have not heard any of the new TDKs.

Quote:
Hi Joker;

Learn that you haven't heard CKS77 before, how about the CKM500?
You may aware that a friend next door grade the CKS77 & CKM500 sky high good.

actually i am very interest about how you think about these two, any chance in the next future?

Haven't heard those, either. Everything I plan to review is listed in the queue on the front page of this thread.

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #7,168 of 16,931
Oh Supreme Grandmaster Joker!

May I ask a question?

Is there any IEM that sounds like the Brainwavz B2 (clarity, detail, treble..) but with a bit more bass?

(I can't afford customs...)

Unrelated to your question, but I see you have a Tokyo Jihen avatar, very nice to see other people share my favorite band.
:beerchug:

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #7,169 of 16,931
Quote:
Oh Supreme Grandmaster Joker!

May I ask a question?

Is there any IEM that sounds like the Brainwavz B2 (clarity, detail, treble..) but with a bit more bass?

(I can't afford customs...)

Not exactly like B2 but perhaps the balance of the VSonic GR07 would be up your alley. There are other sets that stray from the B2 here and there but generally offer clarity, detail, and good treble presence with more bass - the Sony EX600/1000, j-Phonic K2, and Phonak PFE 232, for example. The latter do reach into customs territory already. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #7,170 of 16,931
Quote:

It's a temporary solution. Re-scaling the whole thread took forever when it was "just" 100 IEMs, I will probably need to dedicate an entire day to fixing it this time around. I have also toyed with the idea of making everything /10 instead of /5 for simplicity but to be honest I've always liked differentiating SQ and value from the other categories.

actually I like how it is 5.5/5 so people know it isolates excessively for a lot of environments. Whether or not you intended for it to be like that, I do think it is helpful, and in a way it acts as a warning.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back