Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #4,306 of 16,931
GR07 is fairly comfortable, but the Golden Crystal will be a notch more comfortable. I have used the regular Crystal and it actually surpassed the GR07 in comfort and isolation for me. Since the Golden Crystal uses the same housing, it should be the same. Not sure about it's sound though, the regular Crystal did have a very solid performance for it's price though. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #4,307 of 16,931

Quote:
GR07 is fairly comfortable, but the Golden Crystal will be a notch more comfortable. I have used the regular Crystal and it actually surpassed the GR07 in comfort and isolation for me. Since the Golden Crystal uses the same housing, it should be the same. Not sure about it's sound though, the regular Crystal did have a very solid performance for it's price though. 

Many thanks for your answer....
From the 3 options I must confess that my favourite were the GR07 and the golden crystal....My real problem is the lack of reviews of the gold hisound....but I read some of the "normal" and all rate very high the crystal IEMs.
Now the gold model is told that it is the smallest dynamic drivers in the world!!!!

Can you please help from just see the specifications of both hisound IEMs?

GOLD Crystal:
Impedance 16 Ohm
Cable Length 124cm
Sensitivity 110dB
Acccessories 2 Sets of Bi Flanges, 3 Sets of Triple Flanges, 3 Silicone Ear Tips (S/M/L), 5 Sets of Hybrids, Leather Box
Frequency Range 15 - 23,000 Hz
Driver 5mm dynamic driver

"Normal" crystal:
Impedance 16 Ohm
Cable Length 124cm
Sensitivity 108dB
Acccessories 3 Silicone Ear Tips (S/M/L), Storage Case, Shirt Clip
Frequency Range 17 - 23KHz
Driver 7mm dynamic driver

As far as I can see the specifications are very simillar. So the sound should be very equal?!

You can the the offers:

- http://shop.frogbeats.com/hisoundaudio-golden-crystal

- http://shop.frogbeats.com/hisoundaudio-crystal

Thanks for your help....kind regards
Paulo

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #4,309 of 16,931
Yes there are differences in signature and performance. The GR07 was noticeably better, but nothing "extreme". The Crystals were more V shaped, but still fairly well-rounded. 

No matter what the GC will be more of a gamble as reviews are scarce, whereas the GR07 have proven themselves. Still, I would be surprised if the GC end up being some sort of big disappointment based on my experience with the regular Crystal. 

Had no idea the Golden Crystal was using a 5mm driver, that sure is small. I'm going to assume the Miles Davis Trumpet also uses a 5mm driver as it's also claimed to be the smallest driver in the world. Would be funny if it's the same driver.........

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #4,310 of 16,931

Quote:
Yes there are differences in signature and performance. The GR07 was noticeably better, but nothing "extreme". The Crystals were more V shaped, but still fairly well-rounded. 

Hi again
Please escuse my ignorance...what do you mea "crystals were more V shaped"?

One other question: I know sound quality is something so subjective...but if you have to choose would you go for the GR07 or HS gold?

regards and many thanks for yours answers

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #4,311 of 16,931
This is when there's more bass and treble and the midrange is put back (and the extent of this depends on how "v-shaped" it is. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #4,312 of 16,931
<<The GR07 was noticeably better, but nothing "extreme">>
Hi again and I promisse this will be my last question
bigsmile_face.gif

Can you please reveal a little more of the yours opinion: the GR07 was noticeably better, but nothing "extreme"....
Thanks in advance
Paulo

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #4,313 of 16,931
I wish I could, but I didn't have both in hand for that long to go more in-depth in comparisons. Technically I'll probably rate the Crystals at around the same level as the Xcape IE, if that helps. The Crystals are like a blend of the Silver Bullet with the Meelec CC51. The signature is kind of like the SB, while the presentation resembled the CC51 but with more enhanced space. 

When I said noticeably better, I meant it in technical terms. In terms of preferece, it may be a lot closer for you. There's a lot of variables that are subjective, unless you know what you really want, can't go wrong either way. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #4,314 of 16,931

Quote:
I think it's somewhat strange if you don't get suction with a well-fitted pair of customs. I get extremely strong suction with my UERMs, if I put them in as far as they go, i.e. with open mouth and a moderate amount of pressure. They literally feel like glued to my ears that way, with great isolation and no discomfort.
But there's a downside and it's occlusion effects. Footfall noise during walking makes it undesirable to listen to anything subtle, like classcal pieces. Even with stationary listening the increased sensation of hearing your own pulse, etc. may be too distracting for quiet and subtle music.

I'm up to four acrylic-shelled customs now and I don't think I've ever felt suction with any of them. My ears aren't very waxy and there's just no sensation of 'seal' at all. I only know they are sealed by the sound. There is no variability in terms of insertion depth with mine, either - they always go in equally far. I do not get significant occlusion effects - no pulse and no more footstep noise than with the average (sealed) universal. My ear canals do flare out a bit towards the bend so maybe that has something to do with it.

Quote:
Dear Friends I need an advice!!! Please.

I want to upgrade from old etymotic 6i, and my new (which a do not like much...Atrio M5)...
I will use my new in ears with my ipod classic, my 2stepdance meier-audio amp, with an, qable Coppercab ipod lod....So now I have 3 options:- Vsonic GR 07 - 109£
- Fischer Audio Tandem - 75£
- Hisound goldem crystal - 120£I love the confort of my little 6i etymotic...and I think I prefer down use that over the ear....I have also an Ultimate fi 3 studio, and I don't use it because I feel it disconfort....What do you recomend?

thanks for your answers,....
Paulo

My two cents - the Tandem is not in the same league as the GR07 technically and not at all similar in sound signature. I do not have a Golden Crystal. My regular Crystal is very nice but I wouldn't even say it's tops for the $130 price. Certainly not top-tier as the GR07 is. I agree with Inks that it's Xcape IE / RE-ZERO level (ish) technically but I still like the Xcape IE a bit better. There is no doubt that the Crystal is much better-built, more isolating, and more comfortable than the Xcape, though. If you have access to Fischer stuff I would consider the DBA-02 or SBA-03 as well.

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #4,315 of 16,931
Dear Friends
Thanks for all your advices...But I just order the Vsonic GR07!!!
Since Frogbeats has an 7 days return policy, if I have any fiting and confort issues, i just can send the GR07 back and order the Hisound Crystal Gold
wink_face.gif

But if know any review of the HS crystal gold, please send me the link....

PS- Today I received my meier audio 2stepdance amp....and let me say...what a fantastic amp!!!! It is just the one!!!

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #4,317 of 16,931
130$ is a bit too much for the Crystal if that's their retail price. It's very nice ergonomically  and very solid in sound, but I still like the RE-Zero, Xcape IE a bit more. 

The Golden Crystal sounds very interesting though (specially how it compares to the Trumpet), hope you get a review pair @ joker. If it happens, I could probably get a Monster Trumpet out to you 

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #4,318 of 16,931

Quote:
Must....get.....Brainwavz....M4!

I was told these are not made by ViSang like the rest of the Brainwavz M-models and are supposed to be even more balanced than the M3. Quite curious as to how they sound.

Quote:
130$ is a bit too much for the Crystal if that's their retail price. It's very nice ergonomically  and very solid in sound, but I still like the RE-Zero, Xcape IE a bit more. 

The Golden Crystal sounds very interesting though (specially how it compares to the Trumpet), hope you get a review pair @ joker. If it happens, I could probably get a Monster Trumpet out to you 

I don't think there's an official price for the Crystal but figures I've seen indicate $120-130. The Golden Crystal would need to be significantly better to compete with other top-tiers. Love the form factor, though, and I think the GC has an L-plug which is my (very minor) quibble about the Crystal.

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #4,320 of 16,931
ljokerl, have you heard the Brainwavz B2's? If you have, how do they compare to the GR07s? They both seem to be in the same, high-middle range, so it seems natural to compare them. If not, has anyone else heard both that would like to comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back