Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 22, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #16,861 of 16,931
Can you please help me narrow down on an IEM from the below list?
Am looking for more natural sound stage IEM in max $100 range(the below list includes the cheaper ones too).

1. Shure SE215
2. Sennheiser Momentum M2 IEi
3. Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS
4. Byron Wired Premium In-Ear
5. Meze 12 Classics GunMetal premium high fidelity wooden earphones IEM's
6. soundmagic e10s
7. MEE Audio M6 Pro
8. Xiaomi Piston 3
9. zero audio tenores
10. Kz ATE

If you're open to or able to consider other options, definitely look into the TFZ Exclusive King. Large soundstage with great imaging, separation, etc. Only heard a few from that list, but the 12 Classics and ATE are solid earphones. If you wanted to save a few bucks the 11 Neo is a good one too. Very similar to the 12 Classics in overall sound signature and quality.

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #16,865 of 16,931
Hi Guys,

I am currently using ATH-IM03 with reference copper line 2.5mm adapter to DP-X1A. Any suitable recommended IEM upgrades? Price is not of a concern now as this will be a long term goal till my IM03 is dead.

Thanks in advance!
considering you want to keep dpxa and that ath iem, get PWaudio 1960 4 wires, top cable now

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #16,867 of 16,931
thanks for the recommendation. I don't think i will spend on another cable for IM03 now. It's been with me for a few years now, not sure how long will it further last. So, i am planning for the next IEM upgrade.

It's been awhile since I've heard IM03, I remember it being a bit warm with nice mids and smooth treble. An upgrade for this, my best guess would be 64 Audio A12 bcos it has roughly the same signature but about two tiers higher.

What do you think @PinkyPowers? Would A12 fit the bill or do you have any suggestions?

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #16,868 of 16,931
It's been awhile since I've heard IM03, I remember it being a bit warm with nice mids and smooth treble. An upgrade for this, my best guess would be 64 Audio A12 bcos it has roughly the same signature but about two tiers higher.

What do you think @PinkyPowers? Would A12 fit the bill or do you have any suggestions?

It's also two tiers warmer, so it might not be what he's looking for. The Rhapsodio Solar is closer, I've always felt.

Jul 20, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #16,869 of 16,931

It's also two tiers warmer, so it might not be what he's looking for. The Rhapsodio Solar is closer, I've always felt.

Thanks guys for the recommendation. Based on the reviews, both of them indeed are within my liking. I love natural and warm sound signature with smooth treble. Hopefully both are available in Singapore so that I can do a test drive. :)

Jul 21, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #16,870 of 16,931
Thanks guys for the recommendation. Based on the reviews, both of them indeed are within my liking. I love natural and warm sound signature with smooth treble. Hopefully both are available in Singapore so that I can do a test drive. :)

IDK IM03 and I wouldn't make these suggestions if you couldn't demo, but:

If lucky enough to come across some Aurisonics Rockets.
Maybe not "warm", but I like Earsonics ES2's smooth, spacious sound.
Tricky to fit which can cause some peaky treble, but with the right tips/source the Panasonic RP-HDE10-S is really pleasant for that type of sound IMO.

ICYMI, since the IM03 Audio Technica has also released series with the E70, and the LS300 which also have 3xBA drivers.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #16,872 of 16,931
Hey guys, Im looking to move on from my Sen IE80s. I'm looking for a similar sound signature but with more mid bass punch. I'm looking to spend in the 250 to 350 region. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #16,873 of 16,931
Hey guys, Im looking to move on from my Sen IE80s. I'm looking for a similar sound signature but with more mid bass punch. I'm looking to spend in the 250 to 350 region. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More midbass than the ie80? That's a scary thought! Midbassiest headphone I've ever used, at least...

Aug 13, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #16,875 of 16,931
as the site design has changed its look like many good foolks left the site, the thread not like they used to be, many less replies and news about new stuff and reviews, its looks like
ljokerl has gone and left the site too, if it so it so shame he help so many people out there including me, i hope he come back and do reviews about new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back