Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 28, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #16,186 of 16,931
The Titan 1 is competitive with the DN-2000 keeping in mind the tuning differences.

I know I wouldn't rank the Titan below the Philips Fidelio S1, which puts it at an 8.9/10 or higher. There's a lot of other stuff on this (high) performance tier that I'm playing around with right now - the Audio-Technica IM02, Aurisonics Rockets, potentially the RHA T20 and LIFE in-ear, and some others. Need more time and A:Bs to get all of them straight in my head.

Exciting times! I too thought that the Titans could give the dn2000 a run for its money! I must admit though that the smooth mids and superb separation/layering of the dn2000 is hard to top.

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #16,187 of 16,931
Joker, if you have a chance to get hold of some new Micro driver JVC FXH30s I'd be very interested to read your views on them.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #16,189 of 16,931
Joker, if you have a chance to get hold of some new Micro driver JVC FXH30s I'd be very interested to read your views on them.

Yeah, these were just recommended a page or two back. As a big fan of JVC microdriver IEMs, I'll keep an eye out for them. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #16,190 of 16,931
Yeah, these were just recommended a page or two back. As a big fan of JVC microdriver IEMs, I'll keep an eye out for them. 

I thought you were mate.

Hopefully I should be ordering some on the 1st, if I do and whenever I get them I'll post some views here.

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #16,191 of 16,931
Joker have you ever tried the Legend Omega? I have a hunch that you're going to love them a lot! At least i know my Omegas are getting much, much more playtime than my JH13!
etysmile.gif

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #16,192 of 16,931
  Joker have you ever tried the Legend Omega? I have a hunch that you're going to love them a lot! At least i know my Omegas are getting much, much more playtime than my JH13!
etysmile.gif

Is that an Earwerkz model? I never found time to try the Legend R, which I regret. If this is a new one I will make time for it. 

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #16,193 of 16,931
Is that an Earwerkz model? I never found time to try the Legend R, which I regret. If this is a new one I will make time for it. 

Yes it is a variant of Legend R that utilizes a unique Onyx Chamber that serves as a sort of dampener for the LOWs for natural, taut bass.

And i have to say it works really well, the texturing is mind-blowing and goes really low, yet has actually lesser mid bass hump compared to the JH13s and JH16s

Overall it's one of if not the best Bass reproduction (along with the nicely forward midrange) that i have heard from a BA-setup. =)

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #16,194 of 16,931
Order placed for the new micro driver JVC FXH30. :D

Really looking forward to hearing these, hope you manage to get hold of some soon too joker.

This is where I bought mine:

http://www.valuebasket.com/en_GB/JVC-HA-FXH30-Titanium-Micro-HD-Headset-(Black)/mainproduct/view/17723-AA-BK

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #16,195 of 16,931
Since they are not JVC USA the only way he will get one to review is when you loan them to him
wink_face.gif

Hoping JVC does decide to do an offshoot American version, ala the FXC80, again with one of the FXH's. The FXD's never came here in any form either original or reworked for the American market. I liked the bigger housing idea they did there but the Tri-shape was not quite the right way to fit very well. A better shape and the new better behaved treble and JVC USA could have a really good earphone. FXC80 has been it till now and the blah-tastic FX300. Be nice if they gave USA something but they are stingy bastards infavor of the home crowd. Sony hybrids wouldn't be here if it was JVC, AT wouldn't have the CKR9 and 10 selling here if they were JVC. Lucky we got the HAS-400 and the FX40. Hopefully they decide to rise up above the Elation and the $60 earphone level and thinking(wrongly) we are the Xtreme Xplosives crowd as ~75% of there models are XX's here.

Give us something good and it will sell here!!

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #16,196 of 16,931
Should these be good specta for a High impedance, low sensitivity, even phase response IEM?

KLIPSCH X7i
KG 623X7 full-range, balanced-armature drivers
10Hz - 19Hz frequency response (+_-dB)
110dB sensitivity
50 ohms impedance

I'm stuck with IEMs and I got a tube amp from Schiit Audio

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #16,197 of 16,931
Yes it is a variant of Legend R that utilizes a unique Onyx Chamber that serves as a sort of dampener for the LOWs for natural, taut bass.

And i have to say it works really well, the texturing is mind-blowing and goes really low, yet has actually lesser mid bass hump compared to the JH13s and JH16s

Overall it's one of if not the best Bass reproduction (along with the nicely forward midrange) that i have heard from a BA-setup. =)

Sounds good to me - I have heard how detailed BA bass can sound when it's properly extended without the mid-bass hump of the JH13s (Hidition NT 6, for example) and it's glorious. 

Since they are not JVC USA the only way he will get one to review is when you loan them to him
wink_face.gif

Hoping JVC does decide to do an offshoot American version, ala the FXC80, again with one of the FXH's. The FXD's never came here in any form either original or reworked for the American market. I liked the bigger housing idea they did there but the Tri-shape was not quite the right way to fit very well. A better shape and the new better behaved treble and JVC USA could have a really good earphone. FXC80 has been it till now and the blah-tastic FX300. Be nice if they gave USA something but they are stingy bastards infavor of the home crowd. Sony hybrids wouldn't be here if it was JVC, AT wouldn't have the CKR9 and 10 selling here if they were JVC. Lucky we got the HAS-400 and the FX40. Hopefully they decide to rise up above the Elation and the $60 earphone level and thinking(wrongly) we are the Xtreme Xplosives crowd as ~75% of there models are XX's here.

Give us something good and it will sell here!!

Totally agree. Also, Audio-Technica still doesn't give us that much of the good stuff ever since they pulled the CK10, CK90Pro, and CK100 off the US market way back when.

Should these be good specta for a High impedance, low sensitivity, even phase response IEM?

KLIPSCH X7i
KG 623X7 full-range, balanced-armature drivers
10Hz - 19Hz frequency response (+_-dB)
110dB sensitivity
50 ohms impedance

I'm stuck with IEMs and I got a tube amp from Schiit Audio

Armatures rarely have even phase response. Typically you want a high-impedance dynamic driver for something like this. Say, a Havi B3 PRO I or maybe a Philips Fidelio S1. Or an Etymotic EK5 if you want to be extreme.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #16,198 of 16,931
Ok, so with eather klipsch or RHA, would they have one that meets that? Or possibly Shure?
Sounds good to me - I have heard how detailed BA bass can sound when it's properly extended without the mid-bass hump of the JH13s (Hidition NT 6, for example) and it's glorious. 

Totally agree. Also, Audio-Technica still doesn't give us that much of the good stuff ever since they pulled the CK10, CK90Pro, and CK100 off the US market way back when.

Armatures rarely have even phase response. Typically you want a high-impedance dynamic driver for something like this. Say, a Havi B3 PRO I or maybe a Philips Fidelio S1. Or an Etymotic EK5 if you want to be extreme.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #16,199 of 16,931
Any chance of a quick JVC Spiral Dot tips review? :p

I'm gonna but some coz everyone seems to be raving about them.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #16,200 of 16,931
Any chance of a quick JVC Spiral Dot tips review? :p

I'm gonna but some coz everyone seems to be raving about them.

They enhance the bass response, tone down the treble a bit  and constrict the soundstage as far as I could detect. However they are very soft and comfortable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back