Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jun 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #2,987 of 4,841
Quote:
Does Hidition have employees who speak English?  I don't feel comfortable ordering an expensive CIEM that could possibly need modifications without being able to communicate clearly.

Apparently there is no problem on that part. They are very helpful and trying to do their best. They got my ok from there, what worries me is if I have to send it back for refit or something, Belgium - S. Korea trip can be pain in the arse, as well as creating more trouble with customs.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #2,988 of 4,841
They have an interpreter.

Recent video I found:

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #2,989 of 4,841
Quote:
I just got my NT6PRO. Everything is great, except for some vocal spikes.
Hmmm, maybe because of my AK100.

Yes, likely to be the source.  Also, how many hours do you have on them?

Quote:
Congrats! Also if your AK100 is not modded yet, it might be the cause of some peaks, as NT6 Pro probably has a drastic impedance curve characteristics, considering how NT6's is. Maybe it's the time to go RWAK100!

Just kidding. Maybe you should try them with low-impedance sources.

They are based on just about 20min away from my home, and I'd say they are worth it.

And here I am sitting, considering SE 5-Way. Haha.

Lol at bolded and other related comments.

Quote:
Yep, going to be wearing them on and off this weekend while I wait for a response from UE on Monday. For now, -1% balance on my rockboxed fuze will have to do. Joe, you need to get a UHA-6S mk II for review sometime! Works wonders with the UERM imo, but I don't have any experience with the higher end portable amps and daps. 

General question: when you lie down with CIEMs, do you guys find that you have less bass or more bass? I seem to lose a good amount of bass while lying down.

I am reviewing the UHA-6S MKII and it does pair well with the IERM, which is different than the trend for my headphones as the amp treble is more on the analytical side and note the smoothest or refined.  But that pairing works well.  What op amp you you have in the UHA? 

When I lay down with my CIEMs the bass doesn't change, and as long as your mouth is in the same position, it shouldn't. Something has to be changing when you lay day, and it can be a sign of a poor seal.  If the cable getting pressed, changing the way the CIEM sits in your ear?  Is the bass issue with both the right and left since there is an issue with one channel?  

Quote:
They have an interpreter.

Recent video I found:

I am not sure the interpreter works there full time, but I sure could use one for the video!

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #2,990 of 4,841

USA Order: Just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's

ORDER:
I just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's delivered to the US yesterday on 6/15/13 . I ordered them on 5/30/13, so the whole order only took two weeks to receive. However, it seemed so much longer given my impatience, the time required to research and decide on this CIEM, and the time to schedule and get my ear impressions made as well as to ship them to South Korea. The good news for US buyers is that I had no customs charges or shipment delays.

OVERVIEW:
My initial thoughts are that they sound really great, but I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the sound signature. They make my TF10s sound like I am listening to a cheap mono AM radio. However, there are some oddities in a few songs that I am still trying to figure out. Most of the songs I have listened to sound great like I am listening to my Audeze LCD 2 v2 or a very expensive HIFI sound system. Yet a few other songs sound confused or just plain odd. Overall, at this early stage, I have no regrets or buyers remorse - I really love what I am hearing. 

BASS:
The most obvious oddity is the cliff in the bass. In a few songs it sounds as if the bass is crossed using a pair of $5000 hi end 18" subwoofers paired with a single mediocre 8" woofer for midbass. To be fair, this isn't often and I have not given them or my brain any time to burn in yet. The bass isn't as big as I expected or hoped, but I am mainly listening to my clip+ which is know for clarity, narrow sound stage, and a sharp drop off in sub base. Yet, I should say that the bass is more than awesome when it kicks in which gives the sound signature much of its richness beyond the clarity.

MIDRANGE/TREBBLE:
Forgetting the perceived hole in the midbass, everything is tight, transparent, [size=10pt]precise[/size], intimate, and coherent the rest of the way up. I have large Magneplanar's for my main speakers[size=small] which is the closest comparison I can make. They sound very transparent, full sized, 3D, with superb resonance that you can feel in your bones. Although I understand why average_joe says that they are bright, they are not grating as I had feared. I think they are better described as full sized and extended. Instead of making everything sound like a sprinkler system, or symbols sounding like finger symbols played by a miniaturized [/size][size=small]person in another room - treble sounds full sized and natural.[/size]

[size=small]SOUND STAGE:[/size]
As average_joe pointed out, they sound extraordinarily clear and coherent with a good sized 3D sound stage. [size=small]The presentation is very up close and intimate with everything sounding proportional and on the same moderate sized stage.[/size]

SOURCES:
My sources only include the iPhone 5 and iPod Classic with similar muddy and confused sound signatures and the Zip, Clip+, and Fuse all sharing the same clear sound signature. Although the NT6 Pro makes both sets of signatures sound great, Average_joe was correct in his assessment of the iPhone vs. clip+, the clip+ sounds much better (clearer and 3D). My Colorfly C3/C&C BH2 setup is still being shipped so I have not had a chance to hear them yet. My hopes are that the Colorfly C3 with the C&C BH2 will retain or improve on the Clip+ clarity while better supporting the NT6 Pro's bass capabilities.

I will report back once I get used to the sound signature and have more of a chance to play around with it.

Jun 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #2,994 of 4,841
Quote:

He probably doesn't. I don't understand what's going on in the video, either; Marcus Jang to the rescue?

Well, it's more of an introduction of Hidition and the concept of custom-IEM, as how Korea (not the best Korea, I mean) is pretty much a wasteland for such high-end phones.
If you are reading this thread, it's most likely that you don't really need to watch that video.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,996 of 4,841
Joe, I have OPA209 in my UHA. When I lie down, the cable isn't getting pressed and I feel that I lose bass in both ears. Strange, cause i feel that my right side has pretty much a perfect fit.

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2,997 of 4,841
Quote:

USA Order: Just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's

ORDER:
I just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's delivered to the US yesterday on 6/15/13 . I ordered them on 5/30/13, so the whole order only took two weeks to receive. However, it seemed so much longer given my impatience, the time required to research and decide on this CIEM, and the time to schedule and get my ear impressions made as well as to ship them to South Korea. The good news for US buyers is that I had no customs charges or shipment delays.

I will report back once I get used to the sound signature and have more of a chance to play around with it.

Glad you are enjoying the NT-6 pro and thanks for the writeup.  The low end of the NT-6 pro is the same as that of the NT-6, but I believe the lowest woofer is just boosted in volume (that is what Hidition told me long ago), so the boost is only in the deep bass.  We are looking forward to your updates!

Quote:
Well, it's more of an introduction of Hidition and the concept of custom-IEM, as how Korea (not the best Korea, I mean) is pretty much a wasteland for such high-end phones.
If you are reading this thread, it's most likely that you don't really need to watch that video.

Thanks.

Quote:
Joe, I have OPA209 in my UHA. When I lie down, the cable isn't getting pressed and I feel that I lose bass in both ears. Strange, cause i feel that my right side has pretty much a perfect fit.

Mine has the AD8610ARZ; I wonder just how different each op amp is?

Are you lying completely flat or is there a pillow under your head?  Have you laid down with other headphones/IEMs?

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #2,999 of 4,841
I am currently trying to finish 3 amp reviews, but I am running into some interesting findings, so I am trying to be extra careful to make sure I get everything right, and it is taking a lot of time.  Plus, two of the 3 have DACs, which adds another layer of complexity.  The Fit-Ear PS-5 is up next and the others will follow thereafter.  

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #3,000 of 4,841
I went for OPA209 based on people saying that it's the best for clarity and detail. 

No problem at all with my full sized headphones. With my gr07s worn over ear, I THINK there's a very very minor bass loss. Could be psychological too, but its barely noticeable. But using +8db bass on my fuze to exaggerate the bass, there is definitely a loss of bass when i lie flat down or with a pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back