Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Mar 16, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #1,261 of 4,841
just tried the Chris himself cable with my JH16.. Well. They look average and they are really tough so can't be bended the way I wanted to.

But they sound absolutely fantastic. Didn't expect much from this fairly cheap cable. But wow! He really impressed me with this cable. The sound is so much defined. And the detail and seperation is just super clear.

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #1,262 of 4,841
Quote:
just tried the Chris himself cable with my JH16.. Well. They look average and they are really tough so can't be bended the way I wanted to.

But they sound absolutely fantastic. Didn't expect much from this fairly cheap cable. But wow! He really impressed me with this cable. The sound is so much defined. And the detail and seperation is just super clear.

Ugh.. Can't wait for mine to get here!

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #1,263 of 4,841
Hi! Ukrainian-based laboratory Ambient-acoustics has introduced two new models, both 3-way with 4 drivers, using double Balanced Armature driver for low range.
AM4, quite bass-heavy model, and more neutral AM4 pro, both having a price tag of 4200 UAH (nearly 525 USD). As the description says, the difference is only in the crossover tuning, technically the models are similar.

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #1,265 of 4,841

Quote:
Hi all

First time posting.

I just want to share some experience i have with my T1 live! I've recently taken delivery of the earphone after 6 weeks of waiting time, The service from getting my impression and the subsequent communication with ACS and my local dealer was excellent.

The product itself was very well made, you can really feel the quality of the materials from the smell of the leather to the soft touch of the silicon, the laser itching was also spot on. you just know it can't be made for lesser money.

Unfortunately that can't be said for the sound. My initial impression of it was a general lack of clarity and details, a rather prominate background noise and a restricted sound stage. Just about any music with some base in it sounded muddy.
I had over 100 hours of burn in with them, before i contacted my loacl dealer.

Here is my email to my local dealer explaining the issues i have:

As per our telephonic discussion regarding the T1, here is a summary regarding the problem i have with this unit:

The fits
1. There is a squeesh sound everytime i move my jaw, its prominent enough that one can hear it while playing the music.

2. The  seal inside my right ear seem to pop open from time to time, you can feel it open and closes with each and every jaw movement. The sound quality don't seem to be affected, but it is a little irritating when you listening to music, the only way to avoid this is to keep absolutely still, which can get rather uncomfortable within a few minutes.

The sound of the T1 live
This is where i have some serious issue with.
1. There is a very obvious backgroud noise presented between quite passages and at lower listening volume, The best analogy i can think of would be like the Tss, Tss noise one hear from old cassette tapes. Unfortunately once you heard it, you ca't unheard it. It gets loud enough to competet with the music ( at low volume)

2. I'm convinced there is a problem with the electronic part of the unit. The sound i'm hearing is no way near what all the reviews are saying. The sound lack clarity and details ( some are even missing compare to my current earphone) the Base lack shape, texture and is uncontrolled, The whole presentation is very muddy and the highs/mids are muffled to the extend that you are struggling to make out what the singer is singing. The soundstage is restricted and claustrophobic as a result, if i try to compensate the lack of clarity and details by increasing the volume the sound became harsh and distorted. Listening fatigue will set in within minutes. Everything just sounded rough, muddy and unrefined.

I cannot believe this is the sound of a reference monitor. I'm new to hi end earphones, but i have many years listening to some pretty decent home speaker set ups, and i was told that the best custom monitors will rival the sound qaulity of the best home set ups, well i can told you my unit does not come close to that, in fact it was a little embarrassing when i compare it to my free iBuds ( from a iphone 4), and that was more listenable then the T1!

i'm sure the problem can be rectified, as it is now i don't see anyone let along a musician can accept it based on sound quality.

I'll wait for your feedback on these issues.

On anothe note. The service was excellent, very personal and helpful.

Best regards

So to cut a long story short, the audiologist came to my place, pick up the T1live, take another sets of impression and also conducted a hearing test ( that could be seem to be mildly insulting, if i didn't know this audiologist already).she concluded I have excellent hearing. so its not me afterall:p

So now, i felt relieved that it has finally left my possession and its on its way to be fixed, but at the same time rather anxious if they end up finding no fault with my T1 :frowning2:

I use an ER4PT ad an ibud ( just for laugh) for comparison test.

I am sorry to hear about your issues.  From my experiences, ACS is a very professional company that will work with you to resolve this issue.  Since this is a new product, I suppose there could be some issues, which is unfortunate for a product at this price.  It may be the crossover, or it may be in large part due to a bad fit.  Please let us know how things proceed.  

Also, I wanted to note that the ER4P is a very bright and clear sounding IEM which is in contrast to the T1 Live!, so there will probably be an adjustment period. If you were looking for the same sound signature, the T1 isn't it, but a very natural sounding sig vs. a bright and analytical sound.  The clarity of the T1 comes from the imaging and natural, accurate recreation of the sound vs. a bump in the upper mids (although there is a bump).

Quote:

Yes, a very nice sounding cable, especially given the price!

Quote:
Hi! Ukrainian-based laboratory Ambient-acoustics has introduced two new models, both 3-way with 4 drivers, using double Balanced Armature driver for low range.
AM4, quite bass-heavy model, and more neutral AM4 pro, both having a price tag of 4200 UAH (nearly 525 USD). As the description says, the difference is only in the crossover tuning, technically the models are similar.

I have had them in the manufacturer section for a while and will have to update with these two models.

Quote:
I don't see any option to change the language at their website. Do they speak English if one were to e-mail them?

I have emailed them twice (via the form) with no response and just sent another email.

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #1,267 of 4,841
Having received my T1 Live! without mic for two weeks.
I finally hear and feel what Joe had reviewed from these two gels , no problems. Dark and clear, with 3D depth.
But I missed a little bottom end frequency that exist in my fore used Sensaphonics 2x-s, which would be a little pity.
Overall they no doubt worth the investment.
I would recommend to Joe the Sensaphonics 2x-s for the unique bass response in area of BA bassed CIEM. To ensure which, be sure to get deepest impressions possible (2x-s have long canal portions).

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #1,268 of 4,841

Quote:
I finally hear and feel what Joe had reviewed from these two gels , no problems. Dark and clear, with 3D depth.
But I missed a little bottom end frequency that exist in my fore used Sensaphonics 2x-s, which would be a little pity.
I would recommend to Joe the Sensaphonics 2x-s for the unique bass response in area of BA bassed CIEM. To ensure which, be sure to get deepest impressions possible (2x-s have long canal portions).

Oh that's a good looking T1L!

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #1,269 of 4,841

Quote:
I could translate them your questions if you wish.

Thank you very much for your kind offer, but it has already been taken care of. 

Quote:

How long are the canals of the T1 Live! vs. the Sensaphonics.  I think canal length and fit makes a large difference in ultra low end response.  Considering the T1 Live! uses a single bass BA, I was initially surprised by the bass response and depth, at least from the HiFiMan 801.  

I don't take too much stock in demos, but I have heard demos of the Sensaphonics stuff and thought the 2MAX sounded more natural (less warmth) than the 3MAX.  One thing I was surprised about considering it was a demo was the bass response, but the shape of the demo was different than other demos I have heard.  I haven't heard a T1 demo (not even sure they exist) for comparison, but I still can't draw any conclusions.

Quote:
Oh that's a good looking T1L!

X2

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #1,272 of 4,841

Quote:

Thank you very much for your kind offer, but it has already been taken care of. 

How long are the canals of the T1 Live! vs. the Sensaphonics.  I think canal length and fit makes a large difference in ultra low end response.  Considering the T1 Live! uses a single bass BA, I was initially surprised by the bass response and depth, at least from the HiFiMan 801.  

I don't take too much stock in demos, but I have heard demos of the Sensaphonics stuff and thought the 2MAX sounded more natural (less warmth) than the 3MAX.  One thing I was surprised about considering it was a demo was the bass response, but the shape of the demo was different than other demos I have heard.  I haven't heard a T1 demo (not even sure they exist) for comparison, but I still can't draw any conclusions.

X2

I took a photo on both T1 Live! and Sensaphonics custom sleeves (for e5c), and you can see the difference. The custom sleeves' canal length are exactly same with my 2x-s. You may have known that how weak the e5c's bottom end is. But after equiping with Sensaphonics custom sleeves, my e5c get ultra low end very close to my 2x-s, thus exceed T1  Live! a little In this respect.

I caught a glimpse of an anatomical graph on human ear canal. Although it is not my anatomical graph, I noticed that my 2x-s happen to reach the hard part of the skull. Which reminded me that someone once talked about bone coupling for 2x-s' bass.

T1 have single driver for bass, but 2x-s have only two for entire frequency. Canal length for bass response is just my suppose. I would be very curious on what will happen if my T1 Live! have same canal length with 2x-s. But, if canal length just play a role in parameters matrix on custom earphones manufacturing, it would be so far beyond my knowledge.

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #1,274 of 4,841

Quote:
They do. I handled one at Xwind (Jaben Taiwan).

With my huge ear canals, though, I couldn't get a seal, so I can't comment on the sound.

Ah, so they do exist!

Quote:

I took a photo on both T1 Live! and Sensaphonics custom sleeves (for e5c), and you can see the difference. The custom sleeves' canal length are exactly same with my 2x-s. You may have known that how weak the e5c's bottom end is. But after equiping with Sensaphonics custom sleeves, my e5c get ultra low end very close to my 2x-s, thus exceed T1  Live! a little In this respect.

I caught a glimpse of an anatomical graph on human ear canal. Although it is not my anatomical graph, I noticed that my 2x-s happen to reach the hard part of the skull. Which reminded me that someone once talked about bone coupling for 2x-s' bass.

T1 have single driver for bass, but 2x-s have only two for entire frequency. Canal length for bass response is just my suppose. I would be very curious on what will happen if my T1 Live! have same canal length with 2x-s. But, if canal length just play a role in parameters matrix on custom earphones manufacturing, it would be so far beyond my knowledge.

That is a sizable difference, and I can imagine if one is against bone and the other isn't, that would change things.  They way my T1 Live! fits, I have no complaints with the bass and was surprised by the quantity on bass heavy songs.  Conclusion from my experience and your additional information (not to mention that of others): canal length does make a huge difference in bass response.

Quote:
Will LS8 outperform FX700 for 320 kbps MP3 songs? I am only using an iPod Touch or iPhone as my source. I can't hear the difference between 320 kbps MP3 and lossless on my iPod with my MTPC.

I am not sure how I am supposed to test that without owning the FX700 anymore.  The LS8 is expensive, so maybe you should just enjoy what you have for now since you seem very hesitant.  The MTPC doesn't have nearly the detail level of the LS8, but those sources aren't all that good either.  Maybe you should just get a good amp to improve the sound of the universals you have now as amps usually help clean up the sound of dynamic driver IEMs.

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #1,275 of 4,841

Quote:
I am not sure how I am supposed to test that without owning the FX700 anymore.  The LS8 is expensive, so maybe you should just enjoy what you have for now since you seem very hesitant.  The MTPC doesn't have nearly the detail level of the LS8, but those sources aren't all that good either.  Maybe you should just get a good amp to improve the sound of the universals you have now as amps usually help clean up the sound of dynamic driver IEMs.

Apparently I got a deal from Rooth that they would allow me to return the LS8 if I don't like it. I would only lose like shipping fees, etc.
and I would have to travel across the city and spend the time to find an audiologist to make my ear impressions.
Basically, I'm only going to be using 320 kbps mp3 but with good master recording. i'm mostly going to be using iPod touch as sources. I'm not going to be using amp either.
So I am just asking of according your judgment/prediction that will the LS8 outperform FX700 on 320 kbps mp3 on iphone/ipod touch?

and another thing, how does the LS8 or other custom sound from a computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back