Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
May 19, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #4,802 of 4,841
Empire Ears Spartan-IV at $749

May 20, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #4,804 of 4,841
May 20, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #4,805 of 4,841
Custom Art's Music One ($212) and Music Two ($365) are good value, too:

http://thecustomart.com/music_art-custom.php

and, for a bit more, the Pro 330v2:

http://thecustomart.com/pro_audio-custom.php   ($560)

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #4,806 of 4,841
Hey guys, I'm considering remolding my TF10 (the freaking pin in the left driver came out...) and had a few questions after searching here and the internet.

1. What happened to Rooth?
They were pushed by e-earphone but I can't even find their website now. The Japanese review seem in general positive but I've heard rumors it's become Unique Melody (apparently the printout of the frequency response chart format are the same?) now but does anyone know...?

2. Unique Melody - still do remolds?
People here seem to have positive experience with Unique Melody but do they still offer reshell service of TF10? I checked their website and it says "we are now only offering re-shells of Unique Melody models." With mentioned slower response from them, I figured I'd ask here while waiting for a response from them directly.
Also, has anyone figured out what was causing the sibilant sound in this thread? Seems like a one-off issue but still concerning... I expect a slight change in sound with different tube length, placement of the filters, different material and housing, but this would be a deal breaker for me.

3. Who else remolds TF10?
I've looked around and seems information is slim and/or outdated and was wondering if anyone had any recent experience remolding their TF10. So far, I think UM, InEarz, and CustomArt offers TF10 remolds but are there other reputable shops around?

I love the sound of the TF10 but hate how it makes me look like Frankenstein's monster wearing them... so, I thought this might be a perfect time to consider remolding them. I'm back to my SE215 when I'm not home, and man, I forgot how comfort makes the listening experience better but I miss the TF10 sound!

PS: Big props to the OP for compiling all this data into one place. It's been very resourceful and an excellent starting point to look into remolding.

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #4,807 of 4,841
Hey guys, I'm considering remolding my TF10 (the freaking pin in the left driver came out...) and had a few questions after searching here and the internet.

1. What happened to Rooth?
They were pushed by e-earphone but I can't even find their website now. The Japanese review seem in general positive but I've heard rumors it's become Unique Melody (apparently the printout of the frequency response chart format are the same?) now but does anyone know...?

2. Unique Melody - still do remolds?
People here seem to have positive experience with Unique Melody but do they still offer reshell service of TF10? I checked their website and it says "we are now only offering re-shells of Unique Melody models." With mentioned slower response from them, I figured I'd ask here while waiting for a response from them directly.
Also, has anyone figured out what was causing the sibilant sound in this thread? Seems like a one-off issue but still concerning... I expect a slight change in sound with different tube length, placement of the filters, different material and housing, but this would be a deal breaker for me.

3. Who else remolds TF10?
I've looked around and seems information is slim and/or outdated and was wondering if anyone had any recent experience remolding their TF10. So far, I think UM, InEarz, and CustomArt offers TF10 remolds but are there other reputable shops around?

I love the sound of the TF10 but hate how it makes me look like Frankenstein's monster wearing them... so, I thought this might be a perfect time to consider remolding them. I'm back to my SE215 when I'm not home, and man, I forgot how comfort makes the listening experience better but I miss the TF10 sound!

PS: Big props to the OP for compiling all this data into one place. It's been very resourceful and an excellent starting point to look into remolding.

1. You can contact Null Audio to find out about Rooth's reshelling service. 

2. I believe UM does reshell of only their own models now. I was looking into the matter myself a few months ago and was told the same.

Regarding sibilance, you have to keep in mind reshelling a universal model is always a bit unpredictable. There are so many changes - fit, insertion depth, absence of eartips, etc. Plenty of reasons why sibilance can be introduced. In general it is hard to say if the reshelled TF10 will sound exactly the same as they do now in the universal form. 

3. InEarz and CustomArt are pretty much the tip of the iceberg when it comes to reshelling. Having dealt with CustomArt before, I can personally vouch for their excellent customer service and craftmanship.

No experiance with InEarz but I have only heard good things about them. As for others, AAW from Singapore comes to mind (also represented by Null Audio).

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #4,809 of 4,841
1. You can contact Null Audio to find out about Rooth's reshelling service. 

2. I believe UM does reshell of only their own models now. I was looking into the matter myself a few months ago and was told the same.

Regarding sibilance, you have to keep in mind reshelling a universal model is always a bit unpredictable. There are so many changes - fit, insertion depth, absence of eartips, etc. Plenty of reasons why sibilance can be introduced. In general it is hard to say if the reshelled TF10 will sound exactly the same as they do now in the universal form. 

3. InEarz and CustomArt are pretty much the tip of the iceberg when it comes to reshelling. Having dealt with CustomArt before, I can personally vouch for their excellent customer service and craftmanship.

No experiance with InEarz but I have only heard good things about them. As for others, AAW from Singapore comes to mind (also represented by Null Audio).

1. Huh, Null Audio, ey. I considered their cables for my TripleFi10 way back whenever it was. Didn't think they'd do remolds but thanks for the tip, I'll ask about them.

2. Damn it, I was hoping they would remold TF10s...

3. Yeah, I came across several more names that does reshelling, but its my first remold so I want to stick with someone that's been around for a while with positive reviews.
Good to hear about your experience with CustomArt. I've been pricing things out and they seem to be a bit more pricier but probably worth it. And didn't know the AAW name, definitely added that to my list of places to consider (the Null Audio affiliation helps for me since it's a familiar name).

In the past Cosmic Ears (UK) was also doing reshells, but I don't know whether they are still doing this (I think so).

Cosmic Ears - Thanks, I skipped over them because the first post didn't say anything about them. Finding a comprehensive up-to-date list of places that does re-shell is hard... Some places seem to do it but not advertised on their site and some advertise it on their site but no longer in existence or doesn't offer the service anymore.

thanks for the info guys :D .

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #4,811 of 4,841
Dear all,

I have tried QDC's line up and fitear 333 line-up this weekend. Preferred the QDC3s, QDC8SH and fitear 333.
I am not really a basshead. Any other in ear monitors to recommend?
My budget is sub 1K usd and im based in SG.
I will be trying the Empire lineup this week anyw

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #4,812 of 4,841
Strange that no one has offered you any suggestions, etoilebiscuit. This thread used to be the busiest CIEM thread on head-fi.

The Ultimate Ear UERM has long been considered a fairly neutral CIEM, and it is $999

http://pro.ultimateears.com/ue-reference-monitors

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #4,813 of 4,841
Dear all,

I have tried QDC's line up and fitear 333 line-up this weekend. Preferred the QDC3s, QDC8SH and fitear 333.
I am not really a basshead. Any other in ear monitors to recommend?
My budget is sub 1K usd and im based in SG.
I will be trying the Empire lineup this week anyw
JH is coming out with a new Jh13V2 universal at 999$, with a potential black Friday deal. They seems tempting.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,814 of 4,841
  Strange that no one has offered you any suggestions, etoilebiscuit. This thread used to be the busiest CIEM thread on head-fi.

The Ultimate Ear UERM has long been considered a fairly neutral CIEM, and it is $999

http://pro.ultimateears.com/ue-reference-monitors

no worries bro, spent 4 days auditioning/demoing some iems. im going with empire ears spartan iv based on my budget. save abit too~

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #4,815 of 4,841
It's a shame this thread has become such a ghost-ship - it used to be a mine of responsive advice for newcomers to CIEMs.

If there's anyone still reading this thread, and feels like helping someone, please hop over here and share your wisdom
smile.gif
:

www.head-fi.org/t/827449/ciem-straight-to-totl-or-start-lower#post_13052011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back