Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Aug 10, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #3,856 of 4,841
  I think that's the pro.  The first is the NT6 V1 which is more similar to the pro when it comes to bass with more treble emphasis.  Here is the NT6 from a recent purchaser and looks like my FR which I believe is the V2.

OK, thankyou for clearing that up (I must admit, I was surprised at how much bass I could see in that other FR chart)

Here, then, are the NT6 MK1 and NT6 MK2 charts:

So my remarks about the bass are less valid, but I still stand by my overall remarks about Hidition 'moving the goalposts' by changing the NT6 sound sig.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #3,857 of 4,841
Got the 240.  Great match with NT6, probably the most clear, and highly resolving DAP I've heard.  It performs much better than I was expecting of this little guy.  It scales with better mastering.  Pop sounds like crap out of it.  
biggrin.gif
  Never really ran into a transparent DAP.  I did compare to my smartphone is difference is very obvious.  Stage is wide and expansive(it doesn't sound like it's caused by the circuit) and is present when it's in the recording.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,858 of 4,841
Ohh. sorry. I just found it in the NT6 thread so I thought it's NT6. Anyways, the one for NT6 V2 is still different from that of NT6 V1. The mid doesn't seem to be as recessed as NT6P though.

Thanks silverears and mython.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #3,860 of 4,841
  Got the 240.  Great match with NT6, probably the most clear, and highly resolving DAP I've heard.  It performs much better than I was expecting of this little guy.  It scales with better mastering.  Pop sounds like crap out of it.  
biggrin.gif
  Never really ran into a transparent DAP.  I did compare to my smartphone is difference is very obvious.  Stage is wide and expansive(it doesn't sound like it's caused by the circuit) and is present when it's in the recording.

Gave in that quickly?
biggrin.gif

I'm going to wait until Light Harmonic's Geek Wave & Fiio's X7 release before I decided on a DAP.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #3,861 of 4,841
I have made a promise that after getting Harmony 8 pro, I won't buy another CIEM unless there is one gets a > 95 score in Average Joe's Chart. :wink: So I hope the Viento-R doesn't make it. 
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3,863 of 4,841

Gave in that quickly?
biggrin.gif

I'm going to wait until Light Harmonic's Geek Wave & Fiio's X7 release before I decided on a DAP.

It was out of curiosity, needed to know. I was expecting to debunk what's been said about it's sonic performance, it's difficult after listening to it awhile.  I cannot deny it sounds good.  

I did try it with at the meet in NY with UERM, and it sounded pretty good back then and almost purchased the RM at the discount Mike was offering then.  So I knew then, it sounded good, but now I'm more sure of it's sonic performance.

The most impressive thing is what's it's capable of with it's size.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #3,864 of 4,841
  It was out of curiosity, needed to know. I was expecting to debunk what's been said about it's sonic performance, it's difficult after listening to it awhile.  I cannot deny it sounds good.  

I did try it with at the meet in NY with UERM, and it sounded pretty good back then and almost purchased the RM at the discount Mike was offering then.  So I knew then, it sounded good, but now I'm more sure of it's sonic performance.

The most impressive thing is what's it's capable of with it's size.

To me it was a lot bigger than I expected when I saw it in a headphone store in Taiwan.

It doesn't sound similar to the hugo does it?
Because if it does, then I can forget the 240 
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #3,865 of 4,841

It doesn't sound similar to the hugo does it?
Because if it does, then I can forget the 240 
tongue.gif

I'm probably the wrong person to ask this since you are looking for a setup that is engaging which I don't have an understanding of.  I look for highly resolving setup, and don't care if it's surgical(this is how Mamouille describes the 240 before he got modded RWAK240 with an added FET probably for warmth) or analytical as long as it's outputting true to the recording.  Since it's output is true to recording, it probably is analytical may not be considered warm, musical, or engaging to some.  It treble is very thin like the Hugo, so it's similar in resolving ability.  I would describe the sound as clean, but not lacking in detail transparency, so it's probably not warm.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #3,866 of 4,841
  I'm probably the wrong person to ask this since you are looking for a setup that is engaging which I don't have an understanding of.  I look for highly resolving setup, and don't care if it's surgical(this is how Mamouille describes the 240 before he got modded RWAK240 with an added FET probably for warmth) or analytical as long as it's outputting true to the recording.  Since it's output is true to recording, it probably is analytical may not be considered warm, musical, or engaging to some.  It treble is very thin like the Hugo, so it's similar in resolving ability.  I would describe the sound as clean, but not lacking in detail transparency, so it's probably not warm.

But I assume technically it's still not on the level of Hugo?

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #3,868 of 4,841
Got the 240.  Great match with NT6, probably the most clear, and highly resolving DAP I've heard.  It performs much better than I was expecting of this little guy.  It scales with better mastering.  Pop sounds like crap out of it.  :D   Never really ran into a transparent DAP.  I did compare to my smartphone is difference is very obvious.  Stage is wide and expansive(it doesn't sound like it's caused by the circuit) and is present when it's in the recording.
Maybe because I listen mostly to modern music, but I dislike this pairing. Clear and transparent but thin, bright and fatiguing.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #3,870 of 4,841
I don't have anything to add to piotrus-g's reply about the why not use multiple AcuPass drivers, but when a TWFK is used, there seems to be other bass drivers used in conjunction.  The AcuPass alone, while offering a very good price/performance ratio isn't going to compete with well tuned custom BA configurations. 

Thanks for sharing.  Is better to let a driver run full range than cross it over both on the high and or low ends for your midrange drivers?

Thanks Piotrus-g and Joe. And I would also like to know the answer to the above ^ question. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back