Muddy Waters 100
Dec 18, 2015 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fjrabon

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I was highly skeptical of this at first, I mean it's not Muddy Waters.  But it had enough players that I respected to give it a chance, and wow, I'm glad I did.  John Primer does an incredible job singing in tribute to his former boss (Primer played in muddy's band).  For us audiophiles who also love the blues, this is perhaps the best recorded blues album I've ever heard sound quality wise.  The performances are brimming with emotion, legitimacy, integrity and rawness.  I'd say it's a must get if you're an audiophile blues fan.  Anybody else heard this?

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 5
I almost completely agree with your opinion, this is a must for any blues fan musically speaking, fantastic playing that gets the mojo flowing. My only complaint is the compression it´s a DR 7 for the most part and this beauty deserves better than that.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 5
  I almost completely agree with your opinion, this is a must for any blues fan musically speaking, fantastic playing that gets the mojo flowing. My only complaint is the compression it´s a DR 7 for the most part and this beauty deserves better than that.

true.  I guess I'm just used to blues albums just being beyond low-fi or just objectively terribly mastered.  Or recorded in the 50s or earlier when the idea of having anything below 100Hz or above 8kHz was laughable.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 5
Yes, I was merely "getting audiophile with it"  
happy_face1.gif
  a DR 7 by no means lessens the enjoyment this music brings, great post.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 5
  Yes, I was merely "getting audiophile with it"  
happy_face1.gif
  a DR 7 by no means lessens the enjoyment this music brings, great post.

yeah, I agree with your point though, they went that far with it, kinda wish it had gotten full ultra-audiphile with it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back