MS: CEO
Mar 4, 2007 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone seen this guy? I would think that the leader of a multi-billion dollar company would display a little more self reservation. If you have to hype up your audience in this manner then I assume that your message must lack some substance.

Steve Ballmer on .........something
confused.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4Mz...elated&search=

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 9
Steve Ballmer's been with Microsoft almost since the beginning; he's not going anywhere any time soon. He's well known in the Computer industry for several personality quirks and obsessions.

Mar 4, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 9
Steve Ballmer has always had a wrestler / car salesman public speaking style. He does this at MS company meetings too (at least he did at the one I went to, in 2000). He is also reputed to have quite a temper; there was a court case a while ago where one participant filed in an affidavit that he threw a chair across a room in anger.

That's not to say Steve is necessarily stupid -- many people who work at MS say he asks intelligent questions in private -- but I am personally doubtful of the man's intellect for a number of non-trivial reasons. I suspect that had he not been in the right place at the right time (the birth of MS), he would have had a fairly generic career in sales. It's possible he would have shifted to real estate or car sales rather than remaining in technology sales.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 9
I just thought of a great idea for a TV reality show called.......[size=x-small](drum roll)[/size].......Trading CEOs. To start off Steve Jobs and Steve Ballmer should switch companies for a month or so. Boy would that be a treat. What metamorphosis do you think either company would go through?

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What metamorphosis do you think either company would go through?

In a month nothing. Three months, disaster in both management systems. A year, OS X would open up, move to all hardware systems and get really buggy. Windows would be abandoned and Jobs would start a new company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back