**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 16, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #2,446 of 3,203

All this has been discussed before in the thread, and there are diagrams and details.

Perhaps do a "Search Thread" for "Universal"...

Ok cool, thanks. Found this: https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade?product_id=85 but on a quick search can't find the diagram/details you were talking about.

I assume the MDP is a single jack still?

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #2,447 of 3,203

All this has been discussed before in the thread, and there are diagrams and details.

Perhaps do a "Search Thread" for "Universal"...

Ok cool, thanks. Found this: https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade?product_id=85 but on a quick search can't find the diagram/details you were talking about.

I assume the MDP is a single jack still?

Try doing a "Search This Thread" on this thread for the word "Universal".

At the minimum, that will get you to the point where it was introduced and people started asking for the jack diagram.

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2,448 of 3,203
  Try doing a "Search This Thread" on this thread for the word "Universal".

At the minimum, that will get you to the point where it was introduced and people started asking for the jack diagram.

Yep, ok, got it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/666284/mrspeakers-mad-dog-impressions-and-discussion-thread/165#post_9525976 for anyone else interested.

Dan says it's fairly difficult to solder. Hrm. Will have to have a think about it and look at my mogami cable.

Just buying the jack, supplying my own cable reduces the shipping cost as well. Makes the MDP go from ~$540AUD to ~$450AUD, but means that i'll have to spent an hour or so soldering and heatshrinking. Hrm.

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #2,449 of 3,203
Ordered a pair of MDPs, keeeeen :)

Edit: MDPs are still a single jack, yea? How come MattTCGs pic shows his MDPs having 2 jacks (ala the Alphadogs)?

Freakin me out a little bit, I only ordered 1x plug.

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #2,450 of 3,203
Ordered a pair of MDPs, keeeeen :)

Edit: MDPs are still a single jack, yea? How come MattTCGs pic shows his MDPs having 2 jacks (ala the Alphadogs)?

Freakin me out a little bit, I only ordered 1x plug.

MattTCG bought a custom...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 17, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,452 of 3,203
I'm on day 3 with the mad dogs.

Really surprised by the comfort; it's awesome. I'd done a little (very little) research on them, but mainly bought them for gaming (they're good, probably among the better for closed) and really wanted a pair of closed phones.

glad I made the purchase.

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #2,453 of 3,203
  I'm on day 3 with the mad dogs.

Really surprised by the comfort; it's awesome. I'd done a little (very little) research on them, but mainly bought them for gaming (they're good, probably among the better for closed) and really wanted a pair of closed phones.

glad I made the purchase.

How do you like the bass? It's the one thing I'm concerned about after reading headfonia's review that is keeping me from pulling the trigger!

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2,454 of 3,203
  How do you like the bass? It's the one thing I'm concerned about after reading headfonia's review that is keeping me from pulling the trigger!

What about the bass are you concerned about?

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2,455 of 3,203
  What about the bass are you concerned about?

Concerned only because of this portion of the comparison between the LCD-2 and the MD. I know the LCD-2 is a completely different headphone (which I haven't experienced firsthand), but this struck me as strong. My personal comparison here is an ultrasone ED8 as my closed can.

"Where upper mids and lower trebles can sound shouty and too forced on the Alphas, the LCD-2 always remains well composed and effortless. Clearly, the difference in driver technology is very evident here. The finishing blow comes in the bass performance. The LCD-2′s bass never disappoints. The Alpha Dog, though extends quite low, feels weak in impact and out of steam on the lower bass."
http://www.headfonia.com/dan-clarks-masterpiece-mr-speakers-alpha-dog/

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2,456 of 3,203
That's a review of the Alpha Dogs, not the Mad Dogs. The MD's have more slam and impact than the Alpha Dogs, which were designed as a neutral/reference can.

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #2,457 of 3,203
You're right. Thanks for the clarification. My fault! 
blink.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #2,458 of 3,203
Might be a stupid question, but how do you insert the Kobiconn (ALO RX MK3-B) balanced cable to the Mad Dog? Do you just stick it in, or do you have to turn it somehow to lock the metal in place? The cable connector's outer metal is currently rotating freely. I plugged mine straight in and it seemed to be secured because there was a "click" sound. However, something is wrong with the sound that I am getting. I can hear the instrumentals fine (not the highest quality though), but not really the vocals. The vocals seem VERY distant away and very very quiet. I believe this seems like a ... connection problem?

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #2,459 of 3,203
  Might be a stupid question, but how do you insert the Kobiconn (ALO RX MK3-B) balanced cable to the Mad Dog? Do you just stick it in, or do you have to turn it somehow to lock the metal in place? The cable connector's outer metal is currently rotating freely. I plugged mine straight in and it seemed to be secured because there was a "click" sound. However, something is wrong with the sound that I am getting. I can hear the instrumentals fine (not the highest quality though), but not really the vocals. The vocals seem VERY distant away and very very quiet. I believe this seems like a ... connection problem?

No, this is a defective cable.  When a balanced cable is misfired the effect is very odd spund, like it's far away and "hollow."  We had a problem with our vendor on this lot of cables, some were fine but a few were wired incorrectly.  Please PM or email me and we'll get you a fixed cable right away.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back