MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Oct 1, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #587 of 4,813
Pretty excited for these, can't wait to read more impressions and eventually demo.

How is the clamping force?  Are the headphones still comfortable if wearing glasses?

Sounds like they're very similar to the Ether for comfort, which is the most comfortable can I think I've tried. No clamping force issues with my glasses with the Ether.

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #589 of 4,813
Can they be driven with Fiio E12/Cayin C5?

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #590 of 4,813
Oct 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #592 of 4,813
I like that the C sound a bit fuller, you're not they only person to have made that remark so far, as the regular Ether are just a little lean for me (not that the regulars are particularly lean, but a little more thickness without pairing with a tube amp would be nice).

I second that opinion good Doctorr, was hoping the C would add a bit of body to the C so that it would be an effective balance for my HD800. The Ether is just too close to the HE560/HD800 sq for that role.

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #593 of 4,813
I am a IEM user and was curious on these headphones. Seeing as I am looking for an upgrade sometime in the future months, I wanted to know how the sound leakage and overall isolation are. It would be nice to be able to have portable audio and have great sound with these, seeing as I use the QP1R.

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #597 of 4,813
  I liked it so much bought one at the show. I only had my preview sample for a week . Dan doen a terrific job with it.

I hope you stub your toe, have remorse and send your Ether C to me to make yourself feel better. :)

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #599 of 4,813
The Ether C was one of my favorite cans of the show, I love everything Dan has done with this one.

I cannot believe how well it isolates and the comfort is exceptional, this one is definitely on my short list of new cans to get.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #600 of 4,813
The Ether C was one of my favorite cans of the show, I love everything Dan has done with this one.

I cannot believe how well it isolates and the comfort is exceptional, this one is definitely on my short list of new cans to get.

This is all good to hear.  I took a risk pre-ordering a set.  The response from the Schiit show was enough to get me to take the plunge.  Now that many more similar impressions are out there, I can breathe a little easier.  I always love the idea of supporting small growing businesses.  Good job, Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back