MP3 Players - the last hurrah?
Sep 15, 2013 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
So after a long time without any real update on the dedicated mp3 player market we suddenly have quite a few coming out which is refreshing to say the least.  We have the new Fiio x3 (and x5 to come) the new dx50 from Ibasso following in the wake of it's more expensive brother the dx100.  We also at long last have two players from iriver (with the help of astell and kern, but still)and the new sony players as well.  All we need now is an announcement from Sansa for it's replacement/upgrade over the clip/zip models (which granted have been a major success for them) and we'll have the set!  So is this the last hurrah of the mp3 player or will there always be a dwindling sector of the market for them?  Main reason I use mp3 players instead of phones (and if I see that question being asked one more time I think I'll lose it) is a) I CANNOT stand mobile phones and b) am not allowed to use anything with a camera at work (not the reason I hate phones I hasten to add).

So which brand have you thrown your hat into with?  Sony, Fiio, Ibasso, Iriver ak, or other and why?

Cheers

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 5
We must have descended both from the sky or we are in the same age bracket - I also detest mobile phones.
Hopefully though, soon, near the end of the year we can add something from Cowon. They are long over due to release something super.
I was about to give-up on this market as everyone(almost) uses their phone to hear music and so on. The fact that all these manufacturers are releasing new models and some with serious commitment (Hi-Rez sound) comforts me immeasurably.
BTW, why aren't you allowed to have a camera at work, you don't work for GCHQ do you?
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 5
I threw hats into the apple, fiio, iriver, ibasso, samsung and sansa rings. If Sony releases an HD player with removable storage, I might try that also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 5
  We must have descended both from the sky or we are in the same age bracket - I also detest mobile phones.
Hopefully though, soon, near the end of the year we can add something from Cowon. They are long over due to release something super.
I was about to give-up on this market as everyone(almost) uses their phone to hear music and so on. The fact that all these manufacturers are releasing new models and some with serious commitment (Hi-Rez sound) comforts me immeasurably.
BTW, why aren't you allowed to have a camera at work, you don't work for GCHQ do you?
evil_smiley.gif

Nope, it's a requirement that some of our customers have.  No recording equipment in the work place where the customers work is.  I do scanning documents as a living.  Very boring and samey, but do get to listen to my music most of the day if I want, just not on mobiles.

It's not so much mobiles I hate as peoples obsession with them, in particular the bloody rude way people will break off a conversation with you to answer the damn thing (amongst others).  As for age I'm 41 (erk).

Don't know why but I quite fancy the new sony mp3 player coming out shortly.  Maybe I just want to shake things up a little as a bit bored of the clip plus (music) and ipod classic (audiobooks, still the only thing it's really good for :) )right now.

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Apple, iBasso, Fiio, Colorfly and Xuelin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back