Mp3 Player suggestions?
Mar 22, 2005 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SRV

New Head-Fier
My creative zen touch died on me this morning....again.....for the third time!

I love this player, the sound quality is great, and I think the dimensions are mangable and the interface very convinient(for my tastes). But I cannot live with a product that breaks down on me every five months (thankfully before the warranty expires)

So i need suggestions, the ipod is definatly out, i considered it and chose the zen instead. I guess what iam looking for is a player that supports wav. vbr mp3s and of course sounds good with or without an amp(they get in the way at the gym)

so in conclusion HELP!

Mar 22, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 12
Since WAV, VBR MP3, and sounds good with/out an amp still keeps the same list, maybe it's best if you list what's 'out' about the iPod, so we know which other option is best.

Mar 23, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 12
well the main problem i have with the ipod is that iam forced to use itunes, followed by the fact that iam not allowed to shuffle music off of the player and onto a computer. I usually use musicmatch to manage my collection but i burn rip all of my music with EAC and lame. It seems to me that i would be happy with an ipod but i am afraid its to restrictive in what i can do. I don't really download anything all my music is from a personal collection of cd's, will i be able to play all these on an i pod with no trouble?

Mar 24, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 12
thats a nice looking player, how does it sound?

Yeah i plan on having aflash player as well, but for now i need an all purpose player, so this will be doing time in the gym until i can get that ipod shuffle i got my eye on

Mar 24, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRV
thats a nice looking player, how does it sound?

Yeah i plan on having aflash player as well, but for now i need an all purpose player, so this will be doing time in the gym until i can get that ipod shuffle i got my eye on

I'll say DO NOT GET a Shuffle.
Unless you need a flash drive, it is worthless as an mp3 player.
Instead, with a little more money, you can get:
Flash Players:
Creative MuVo Micro
New Samsung YP-T7X
And iRiver IFP-XXX.

Or you could even get HDD.
The iAudio is probably the most seamless HD DAP I have seen so far.
Has 5 Band EQ, and I'm sure one of the members here own one.

Mar 24, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #10 of 12
Only thing about a Shuffle is that, at least in the case of the Muvo, for the same price you get double capacity. That said, I think a screen, FM Radio and whatnot really outweigh double capacity.

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #11 of 12
yeah i would never have a shuffle as my only player, but sometimes i just wanna hit random and let fate decide what i should hear, but the main reason i was considering the shuffle over a muvo is cause i read around here that it sounds really good, is this not the case?

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prothall
Only thing about a Shuffle is that, at least in the case of the Muvo, for the same price you get double capacity. That said, I think a screen, FM Radio and whatnot really outweigh double capacity.

in the country where i stay, for roughly a dollar more than the shuffle, i can get a 1gb n200.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back