Mouse -Fi
Feb 9, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #228 of 616
Quote:
I heard that the G700 is not compatible with Macs... Basically no Logitech gaming mouse is made for mac, that's why I use Razer.

Nope, works fine on the MBP, wired and wireless.  Didn't install any drivers either, though I did go into terminal to turn off mouse acceleration.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #229 of 616

Quote:
Maybe he's being sarcastic :p

Maybe 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Don't think there is a 20,000 dpi mouse. Surely if there was Razer or SteelSeries would have a variant but they top out at a quarter of that.

My black DA should be here tomorrow!

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #233 of 616
I just got the black DeathAdder delivered yesterday. It is noticeably larger than my old M-BJ58 and the returned G9x, from what I recall. I'm getting used to it. It is very comfortable for casual browsing in the palm grip and seems to be fairly compatible (definitely made for the palm grip though) for my gaming claw grip as well. Scroll wheel button clicking is much lighter than the G9x I returned, but it is still a bit stiff. Hopefully that loosens up as I use it more. My only complaint so far is that buttons 4 and 5, with 5 being closer to the back, is a little too low and/or close to my thumb. Not sure if I'll be keeping this mouse either, but the scroll wheel button's tension is a big plus. That, IMO, was the only flaw on the G9x. For shame, Logitech.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #234 of 616
I haven't gamed in 3 or 4 days, but after playing today, it finalized it. I'm returning the DA :frowning2:

The scroll wheel button is much better than (still not satisfactory) the G9x, but now another design aspect is really bothering me. The front right corner where you right ring finger and pinky go does not have enough support for me. I'm really nit picking right now, but bottom line, this mouse isn't too friendly for the claw grip when you're sniping. I can see how one would make due with it as is, but I can get free shipping on the return. I wish I could put this scroll wheel button on the G9x and I would be set, but nooo. Guess I'll hunt for my next mouse in a brick and mortar. BB or Frys will probably do. That or I'm sticking with my old school Logitech.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #236 of 616
Yea, may do that. I keep hearing about them, but haven't really given it much thought.

Do any of their models come close to the G9x form/size?

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #237 of 616
i finally figured out the problem with the g500 waking the display. it is so sensitive. even at 900 dpi. the slightest vibration on the floor by the desk makes it register. every time a cat walks by it goes off. i figure that is one precise mouse then. not so great for monitor wear though. at 900 dpi it happens a lot less. i might go down to like 400 and see what happens. i really like this mosue so that is why i amd ealing with it. btw, i like the g500 better than the g9x. scroll wheel unlock on the bottom maybe good for games but not much else. i do use that button to switch back and forth a lot. the g700 has more buttons but they do not click like the g500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back